Aurora Archivi Storici

UncleNick

I'm looking to increase my collection of hooded or semi-hooded daily user pens. This current production Aurora came up in a search - I'm only seeing it sold at novelli.it. Does anyone own one or has anyone tried one? I'd appreciate any comments on the build, handling and nib performance. The piston filler model particularly interests me. I use a P51 and Lamy 2000 on a daily basis - how would this pen compare?

Thanks,

Nick

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dib

• UncleNick

• Deirdre

• diplomat

I don't know about the pen you asked about, but this Ancora is both hooded and is a piston filler. No affiliation, it just came up in a search I was doing. Aside from what's said in the auction, I don't know anything about the model.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I don't know about the pen you asked about, but this Ancora is both hooded and is a piston filler. No affiliation, it just came up in a search I was doing. Aside from what's said in the auction, I don't know anything about the model.

Hello,

the Archivi Storici is very new, I only saw the packaging (nice!) two weeks ago. So I think you have to be patient.

I will try to get one of the pens via our german distributor and take a closer look.

In the meantime you may buy some old Aurora 88 or 98 to check the balance and design of the pens.

Regards

Dirk

I search for all pens and informations made in Pforzheim, e.g. Sarastro, Fend

As far as I can remember, someone here at FPN phoned to Novelli to ask about this Archivi Storici thing. They said Aurora found some old Aurora 98 parts in their "vaults" or warehouses, and since they were in great numbers they decied to assembly them with newer pieces and to market them as "Archivi storici" ("Historical files" or something like that...).

So, if you are in hurry you may test the market for some good old 98. They came both in piston or c/c and they were a well made and reliable pen.

Cheers,

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

I believe the Archivi Storici 022 is a based on the Aurora 88. I'm also a fan of the 51 aero, which led me to buy the Archivi, and I liked the fact that this pen has a modern filling system, not one with cork. I really love this pen. It is remarkably similar to the 51 in dimensions, both have hooded nibs, and both have slip caps. Think of the Archivi Storici as a piston filling 51 with a more exposed nib. The piston holds more ink than the aerometric 51, and the more exposed nib gives it a better angle of attack. The slip cap action of the 51 is smoother. I do like Archivi Storici more than the 51 aero (I never thought I'd find a better designed pen than the 51 aero). However, it is much more expensive, and if you consider the cost, which includes international shipping, duty, and a credit card surcharge, the 51 gives you more bang for the buck.

I believe the Archivi Storici 022 is a based on the Aurora 88. I'm also a fan of the 51 aero, which led me to buy the Archivi, and I liked the fact that this pen has a modern filling system, not one with cork. I really love this pen. It is remarkably similar to the 51 in dimensions, both have hooded nibs, and both have slip caps. Think of the Archivi Storici as a piston filling 51 with a more exposed nib. The piston holds more ink than the aerometric 51, and the more exposed nib gives it a better angle of attack. The slip cap action of the 51 is smoother. I do like Archivi Storici more than the 51 aero (I never thought I'd find a better designed pen than the 51 aero). However, it is much more expensive, and if you consider the cost, which includes international shipping, duty, and a credit card surcharge, the 51 gives you more bang for the buck.

Thanks for the info - I have an original Aurora 88k on its way to me so I will see if I like the nib flex. If I really like the Aurora I may get an Archivi Storici down the roads, particularly if reviews are positive.

Cheers,

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

today I recieved the material about the Archivi Storici line.

Perhaps we don't need to buy the solid gold pens for 1900 Euro.

But take a look at the 009 : A 98, sterling silver, with square guilloche pattern. Price in Germany seems to be 250 EUR.

Or the 013: also a 98 in crome, shiny, with linear guilloche pattern. 130 EUR is o.k. I will not buy one for I already own exactly the same vintage model.

But for us collectors the 022 seems to be the best: a frosted 88 P, but without the email or laquer on the clip. Price here in Germany is 200 EUR.

Just ask the distributer in your country. The informations are dated February, 2008. So be patient. If you have problems getting a piece you may inform me. I will find a german shop to send the piece to you.

Regards

Dirk

Hello

today I recieved the material about the Archivi Storici line.

Perhaps we don't need to buy the solid gold pens for 1900 Euro.

But take a look at the 009 : A 98, sterling silver, with square guilloche pattern. Price in Germany seems to be 250 EUR.

Or the 013: also a 98 in crome, shiny, with linear guilloche pattern. 130 EUR is o.k. I will not buy one for I already own exactly the same vintage model.

But for us collectors the 022 seems to be the best: a frosted 88 P, but without the email or laquer on the clip. Price here in Germany is 200 EUR.

Just ask the distributer in your country. The informations are dated February, 2008. So be patient. If you have problems getting a piece you may inform me. I will find a german shop to send the piece to you.

Regards

Dirk

Thanks for the info Dirk - the 022 piston filler appeals to me the most. I'll hold off purchasing until I have more details.

Nick

on www.aurorapen.it a one-side press release is available for download.

on fountainpenhospital.com there are some of the pens listed

• 1 month later...
on fountainpenhospital.com there are some of the pens listed

I also am interested in the 022. Anyone know how much the market price will be? One member here got it for under 200USD but aurora's distributor kenro said the list is at 390!! yet fahrny's told me it's 190.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

someone told me some pens are already sold out in Italy. Please remember these pens are limited. They are made of old parts.