Do you have Delta pens ?

goodguy

goodguy wrote:

"I think a picture or two of your lovely pens is in order."

I agree, but, sadly, I am photo impaired! I hope to get on board sometime this year.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• FrankB

• rogerb

• yachtsilverswan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Dolce Vita regular sized. I'm not up there with you big boys.

Edited to say: It was a medium nib and I hated it, Deb Kinney reground it to a 0.7 stub. Much better and very expressive.

Edited by greencobra

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

FP:

Native American (broad)

Ainu (broad, but came slightly stubbish...awesome!)

Tuareg (broad)

Cossack (OM)

BP:

Indios

Inuit

Don Quixote (in green...from the run of 88 for Bertram's)

I love my Deltas! The Native American is my favorite one (for looks and for writing), but that slightly stubbed broad nib in the Ainu is slowly winning a spot in my heart.

Edited by cjabbott

WANTED:

Delta Indios (FP or BP)

Delta Inuit (FP or BP)

Delta Don Quijote (BP or FP, green pref.)

other Delta Indigenous People

(M nibs or wider preferred)

Just one...a Dolcevita Medium. All I have to say is, considering the size of Medium, I imagine the Oversize can be used as a billystick.

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

I started to like Delta pens after I saw the Dolce Vita OS.I knew I had to have it and about a year later I bought it.

Indeed a great pen that I love to love,a great writer and a beautiful pen.

The second Delta pen I got was the Israel 60 LE.This is probably the most eye catching pen I have.It actualy is an even better writer then the DVOS.Its nib feels even more responsive and the curvy body makes the writing experience better.Oh and the lever filler is a nice added bonus (the only issue is its small ink capacity).

Delta makes lots of other gorgeous pens and as far as I know they are fantastic writers.

Do you have Delta pens and what are the models.

I have a Delta Nautilus. Red marble resin and vermeil. F 18k nib.

It's a beautiful pen, but I only use it as a desk pen. Too big for my pockets.

Juan in Andalucía

I do have two Deltas. A Pasion in Emerald swirl, with an italic nib, and a Papillon in Emerald Green celluloid, M nib.

I do find that the Passion dries out very quickly, though. I haven't discovered why, yet.

Lovely pens they are for sure. I have been wanting to take lots of pen photographs, but I don't seem to be able to find the time to do so lately, apart from havign received my cam back from repairs after a two month waiting period (looks like I discovered a gem of a problem :D). I really hope I can pick up pen photography soon again. :)

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Delta No-Nuke Carbon Fiber-Titanium n°556

www.pennamania.it - The most important italian forum about vintage fountain pens and watches.

Penna Vintage www.pennavintage.it - The international emagazine for fountain pen collectors.

I collect vintage Aurora. Sell and trade. Expert restorer, nibs retipping, fixing rings and cap lips. Database developer

I have a Dolce vita OS. Wonderfull pen ... but my girlfriend would like to say the same thing. Since we ordered 2 of them and mine is perfect, hers was scratchy and very thin for an M.

Now we are waiting a replacement ...

goodguy, how well does the cap on the Dolce Vita post?

More importantly, why isn't your cat more interested in the pens??

I have a orange Dolce Vita medium size (I think they call it the "write size", by this implying that the OS is good just for signing?).

I love it, just received this Xmas from my wife. It's a pity that there is no piston filler version: with such a huge diameter, it would hold gallons of ink.

Oh, and I got an Alfa Romeo too few years ago, a black 147 3 doors. Undoubtedly the best car of my life so far...

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

I have a orange Dolce Vita medium size (I think they call it the "write size", by this implying that the OS is good just for signing?).

I love it, just received this Xmas from my wife. It's a pity that there is no piston filler version: with such a huge diameter, it would hold gallons of ink.

Oh, and I got an Alfa Romeo too few years ago, a black 147 3 doors. Undoubtedly the best car of my life so far...

Oh sure why dont you just stab me where it hurts the most.

I used to have a suped up Alfa Back home.It was a 1979 Alfa Sud Ti.What a sweet ride this car was but alas I had to sell it because the maintenance on it was just too much.Ah the good old days.

Sadly they dont sell Alfa Romeo in North America but maybe in the future we will see these cars here again.

As for the Dolce Vita-the oversize version which I have is both C/C and an ED.If you use it as an ED it will probably holf few galons of ink and will be enough for a whole month of constant writing.

Respect to all

goodguy, how well does the cap on the Dolce Vita post?

More importantly, why isn't your cat more interested in the pens??

1.The cap posts great and if you are into posting your caps while writing then you can buy this pen with a peace of mind.

2.As for my cat little ZUZIK (munchking in Hebrew) he thinks pens are great toys so I tought him to stay away from the pens.

Respect to all

It's a good thing we are all different..... and I'm sorry if you feel strongly that I have no taste :D I can't/won't apologise to any Delta designers (or admirers) reading this, as it is an honestly-held opinion...... they probably don't like what I like, including some of the Auroras, Stipulas and Viscontis, and the more restrained elegance of, say, Conway Stewart.

I looked at the pictures of Deltas on the pens.it website and thought they must be distorted in some way, how can a country with such tasteful and elegant people, cars, clothes, etc produce such, IMO, fat, ugly monstrosities?

On Thursday I went into a stationery shop in Alicante and saw a couple of Delta LEs 'in the flesh'....sadly I thought they were as hideous as I'd feared.

They certainly don't (again IMO) do anything to 'honour' any (except) one or two) of the people, nations, cars, etc they are named after.

There are one or two in the range which aren't too bad but, on the whole, yeccch :)

Looking through the pens.it website, it seems that quite a few Italian pen companies are going the same way...... where is the refined elegance of the Alfa Romeo (almost any one, although even AR get it sadly wrong occasionally) mentioned earlier? Fortunately there are still a few more 'restrained'designers around.

Maybe I'm just getting old....... (well, I am, of course, but I'm just a bit saddened to think that might be the way 'taste' is headed :( )

Fortunately, it's all a matter of opinion and doesn't affect the things which really matter in life, does it......

Edited by rogerb

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

It's a good thing we are all different..... and I'm sorry if you feel strongly that I have no taste :D I can't/won't apologise to any Delta designers (or admirers) reading this, as it is an honestly-held opinion...... they probably don't like what I like, including some of the Auroras, Stipulas and Viscontis, and the more restrained elegance of, say, Conway Stewart.

I looked at the pictures of Deltas on the pens.it website and thought they must be distorted in some way, how can a country with such tasteful and elegant people, cars, clothes, etc produce such, IMO, fat, ugly monstrosities?

On Thursday I went into a stationery shop in Alicante and saw a couple of Delta LEs 'in the flesh'....sadly I thought they were as hideous as I'd feared.

They certainly don't (again IMO) do anything to 'honour' any (except) one or two) of the people, nations, cars, etc they are named after.

There are one or two in the range which aren't too bad but, on the whole, yeccch :)

Looking through the pens.it website, it seems that quite a few Italian pen companies are going the same way...... where is the refined elegance of the Alfa Romeo (almost any one, although even AR get it sadly wrong occasionally) mentioned earlier? Fortunately there are still a few more 'restrained'designers around.

Maybe I'm just getting old....... (well, I am, of course, but I'm just a bit saddened to think that might be the way 'taste' is headed :( )

Fortunately, it's all a matter of opinion and doesn't affect the things which really matter in life, does it......

I think everyone is intitled to their own opinion and no doubt Delta does make very bold pens with strong statment.

I like them and many other do but there are lots of other wonderful pens out there like my new Visconti Copernicus LE,Mont Blanc Virginia Woolf,Waterman Edson...etc to match everyone's taste.

Respect to all

• 2 months later...

I am afraid (well, not afraid at all really...just a figure of speech!) that I have to eat my words, as I have completely changed my opinion of Deltas, and now have 2 with one more en route :D

And I haven't been half-hearted...started with a Dolce Vita Oversize and followed with two nice red Alfa Romeos!

(Of course there are still some which make me wince a bit, but when you go for 'big' designs you won't please everybody with every one!)

Never say never!

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

In addition to an Alpha, Green Planets, Animals Dolphin and Profili, I have an Adolph Sax LE with vermeil sleeve. See attached photo