A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing

omasfan

That is wild. What a mating of components to come up with this. Kudos to you and Richard for bringing this idea to fruition.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• omasfan

• MrStuff

• Rincewind

• Lifesaver

• 3 months later...

This has got to be one of the most awesomely cool (Visualize teenager looking at his first beer) "WICKED" uh, customizations I've ever seen.

It's like a motorcycle with a mustang V8 in it.

Amazing.

You HAVE to post a picture of it with the Firefly in it.

http://www.dragonseptarts.com/images/favicon.gif Dragonsept Arts and Publishing - Free and open culture

My Public Key: F1BC60E6

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." — Rudyard Kipling

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act." — George Orwell

To follow someone elses comment - I love this idea and would like to do something similar. If you don't mind me asking, how much did Richard charge for the nibwork?

Way cool.

I've just been thinking of this very thing for highlighting with my Year of the Golden Pig.

RAPT

Pens:Sailor Mini, Pelikan Grand Place, Stipula Ventidue with Ti Stub nib, Pelikan M605 with Binder Cursive Italic, Stipula Ventidue with Ti M nib, Vintage Pilot Semi-flex, Lamy Vista, Pilot Prera

For Sale:

Saving for: Edison Pearl

In my dreams: Nakaya Piccolo, custom colour/pattern

In transit:

If I remember correctly it was $105 (incl. shipping). I provided the nib.

To follow someone elses comment - I love this idea and would like to do something similar. If you don't mind me asking, how much did Richard charge for the nibwork?

Why do I get the feeling that the remaining 100 citreopers are going to be flying off the shelves?

That is a highlighter to drool over. Hm, wonder if any of the lemon yellow birds will be around when I can afford one...

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Why do I get the feeling that the remaining 100 citreopers are going to be flying off the shelves?

That is a highlighter to drool over. Hm, wonder if any of the lemon yellow birds will be around when I can afford one...

Indeed, it made me order a Citroenpers M200 straight away. I'll have to wait a bit for ordering the nib (since my Pelikan flock has grown from zero to 4 in two weeks) but it's a start...

For anyone doing any highlighting, this thing is perfect.

I hate these highlighter marking pens, 'cause if you use a rule to get a straight line, it inks up the edge, smudging the page (when you move it), my hand, or both. Usually both. Change your angle of attack (to play on GhostPlane's analogy), and change the thickness of your line -- in a predictable way -- not like those fastcrushing felt pen tips.

Must have one!

17 weeks, though? Can anyone elses do the work, or is Richard "da man"?

Brenton

17 weeks, though? Can anyone elses do the work, or is Richard "da man"?

Brenton

There are a number of other talented nibmeisters out there but there is only one Richard. The wait is long and the pen work is amazing.

A consumer and purveyor of words.

Co-editor and writer for Faith On Every Corner Magazine

Magazine - http://www.faithoneverycorner.com/magazine.html

Okay, okay, okay, I get it. People want these things.

Today I finished another of these nibs, which in a moment of perversity I have named the Platypus. The nib shown here is mine, I'm keeping it, you can't have it. Over the next few days, however, I will be finishing three more. One of these three has been spoken for, the other two have not. They are based on the Pelikan M250 nib, and they will be available to the first comers for $195.00 each plus shipping to your doorstep, igloo, yurt, hogan, or what have you.

http://www.richardspens.com/images/site/platypus.jpg

Edited to add:

This morning's email brought queries from two long-time clients; the in-process Platypuses have all now been spoken for.

Edited by Richard

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

Okay, okay, okay, I get it. People want these things.

Today I finished another of these nibs, which in a moment of perversity I have named the Platypus. The nib shown here is mine, I'm keeping it, you can't have it. Over the next few days, however, I will be finishing three more. One of these three has been spoken for, the other two have not. They are based on the Pelikan M250 nib, and they will be available to the first comers for $195.00 each plus shipping to your doorstep, igloo, yurt, hogan, or what have you.

Richard - that is one beautiful nib - I don't know how you do it but it's a work of art.

I'll certainly be interested in one from a future batch. I already have the Citroenpers M200 sat waiting for it.......

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm convinced that nibmeisters keep a magic wand under their table. I just don't see how this nib works, and it does.

That is an astounding nib. The first thought that popped into my mind on page one was: "Duck Bill" !!! I am amazed what Richard did with that. More like blown away! :thumbup:

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

The first thought that popped into my mind on page one was: "Duck Bill" !!! I am amazed what Richard did with that. More like blown away! :thumbup:

My thoughts exactly,... duck's bill. Actually, it's not that far from a Pelikan bill.

I'd love to see a picture of what the end result is for some text that has been highlighted using this pen and chosen ink. If it's attractive, I may inquire about getting one for an 800 series since I don't own any of the smaller pens. I've been thinking about a special nib for my M800 demonstrator.

Wow, that's wild. I think I want one.

Great in a Pelikan, too, since you can just swap it in and out as needed.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple