• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteadyHand

• Cursive Child

• superfly

• hulya

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Pelikan BB looks just like the scan in the original review, it is what I use in my M600. I really like the color.

As it ages, it tends to change to more of a black, but when relatively fresh on paper it is a really nice dark BB.

This is one of my all time favorite inks, and I agree, exhibits a surprising color variation, from a very rich dark blue-black to a light grayish one in dry modern pens, as I tried to show here.

Lambertiena, I have not noticed the darkening with age, but thanks for pointing it out. Lovely hand as always, OP.

• 11 months later...

I tried Pelikan blue-black in 1983 with a new MB 146 with a fine nib. The ink looked so light gray and washed out that I threw it away and never tried any other Pelikan ink. Looking at the review sample, it might be time to try this ink again. Looks like it has some actual color. Maybe it will work well in a M800 or M1000 pen.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 2 months later...

I want to heartily recommend this ink for pens with extra flex. It is the most precise fountain pen ink I know. It will really accentuate the hairlines and the shades. It is my favorite ink for that reason.

I really feel that the ink you reviewed might have actually been a mislabeled bottle of Pelikan Washable Blue or whatever their standard blue is called. . . It's not very Pelikan Blue-Black-ish at all, at least from what I've seen and read. Interesting. . .

The above shall not be construed as legal advice under any circumstances

I really feel that the ink you reviewed might have actually been a mislabeled bottle of Pelikan Washable Blue or whatever their standard blue is called. . . It's not very Pelikan Blue-Black-ish at all, at least from what I've seen and read. Interesting. . .

:thumbup: +1 Nothing like the Pelikan BB I bought 2 weeks ago. It's much darker and "greyer" than that, and even turns darker over time, ending up dark blue, close to black, especially on ivory colored paper.

Edited by UkeDan

:thumbup: +1 Nothing like the Pelikan BB I bought 2 weeks ago. It's much darker and "greyer" than that, and even turns darker over time, ending up dark blue, close to black, especially on ivory colored paper.

I agree. I've been using Pel BB for 20+ years, and every bottle has consistently been a slightly bluish tinted charcoal color. I love it, but I couldn't call it blue, and I've never seen it look like this review's scan.

Your produce alone was worth the trip...

I'll buy that. None of the Pelikan blue-blacks I've ever tried out looked like yours.

They were/are more a blue grey, still with too much a hint of green, but all in all watery, even though dry-writing. I love their pens and I love blue-blacks, but this one is IMO a real lemon. (Sorry).

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I agree, mine is more of a dark gray blue that gets darker over time. However, it is my favorite ink for that reason. I love the antique looking washed out color.

I like Pel BB. It is a dry ink, though. This is why I stick to my wet writers.

In all the pens I've had it in, it goes down a denim-y blue, but soon fades to a grayish blue. That's one of the things that tickles me about it.

Different color, different pen?

Steadyhand's writing is made up of awesome and win.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Here is a quick written sample with Pelikan blue-black bottled ink. Paper Clairefontaine refill pad 90 g/m2 velouté (slippery paper).

1st line: Waterman 54 xxf nib wet.

2nd line: Lamy safari xf dry nib.

3rd line: Parker duofold international (1992) oblic italic nib.

4th line: Lamy blue-black bottled ink, Parker duofold international (1992) oblic italic nib.

post-17714-0-14884100-1302440003.jpg

post-17714-0-39045100-1302440030.jpg

Here is a quick written sample with Pelikan blue-black bottled ink. Paper Clairefontaine refill pad 90 g/m2 velouté (slippery paper).

Well, if my Pelikan blue-black -- or any to come -- would look like that, I'd change my mind immediately.

Lee

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)