Where can i buy ammonia in U.K.?

belfast-popeye

I have tried Boots got looked at like an oddball :embarrassed_smile: , tried B&Q looked at suspiciously :embarrassed_smile: .Please someone tell me where in the Northwest i can source ammonia, i'm at a loss.

PARKER 51 RULES

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adyf

• eckiethump

• belfast-popeye

• captnemo

Hmm, I've got to believe household ammonia would be sold with the cleaning products in your supermarket. That's all you need for pen work, and it has lots of other uses.

If you need the superconcentrated (and dangerous) stuff, try a drafting supply store. Concentrated ammonia is the developer used in diazo machines. (blueprints).

I bought some very recently from Homebase.

Cheers Adyf, a Scunnie fan too, i'm an Oldham Athletic regular :headsmack:

PARKER 51 RULES

Hi B-P

I was lucky to find a local ironmonger that sold it, try this link www.chalis.com for their MAX products, maybe they'll tell you where a local stockist is.

I tried evreywhere , Boots, B&Q,Builders merchants, tile warehouses, prior to getting it, Homebase never had it up here in Edinburgh

et

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

I bought some very recently from Homebase.

Cheers Adyf, a Scunnie fan too, i'm an Oldham Athletic regular :headsmack:

You were right up there towards the end of last season and just faded away at the end. When we played you at Glanford Park it was one of the best games of the season. Down to 9 players with 30 minutes left we hung on until the dying seconds and then you scored!! We,ve acclimatised to the Championship quite well this season and probably been the suprise package. There are no stars in our team, just a willingness to give everything for each other and a determination to be the best they can be.

Hmm, I've got to believe household ammonia would be sold with the cleaning products in your supermarket. That's all you need for pen work, and it has lots of other uses.

Not in the UK. There are many other US household staples -- distilled white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, isopropyl alcohol -- that aren't so easy to find, either.

I did find household ammonia at hardware shops: usually the smaller, independent ones (aka ironmongers, per eckiethump) rather than the B&Q / Homebase DIY megastores.

I bought a bottle in a Boots in Newcastle -- white bottle, blue writing on the label, Boots' brand, 500ml.

Label reads:

"Household Ammonia"

followed by

"Household Cleaner and Laundry Aid"

It's a 9.5% solution.

good luck,

--Joey

• 5 years later...

Ammonia is a useful cleaning agent. Please keep the work area well ventilated.

DO NOT expose ammonia or ammonia fumes to anything containing chlorine. Ammonium Chloride fumes are an extreme irritant to living tissue. It can damage eyes, throat, and lungs. No joke. Prolonged exposure will kill you.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !