Hero pen model

samn

I'm trying to find the model number for a specific range of Hero pens I used as a kid. My uncle got me a set of burgundy and green Hero fountain pens from Asia. These looked very similar to the 329/330 series with a gold cap and the only difference, if I remember correctly, was that the nib was not hooded. Does anyone know if there was a Hero range similar to the 329 but without hooded nibs? (Actually these nibs were semi-hooded -it had a sort of diamond shape, if that makes any sense.)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samn

• donwinn

• parker 51

• rhk745

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm trying to find the model number for a specific range of Hero pens I used as a kid. My uncle got me a set of burgundy and green Hero fountain pens from Asia. These looked very similar to the 329/330 series with a gold cap and the only difference, if I remember correctly, was that the nib was not hooded. Does anyone know if there was a Hero range similar to the 329 but without hooded nibs? (Actually these nibs were semi-hooded -it had a sort of diamond shape, if that makes any sense.)

Samn,

Sounds like a Hero 240. www.cutepens.com, not affiliated, usually has them, but it currently out of stock according to the web site. Could probably find it somwhere else they sell Heros. You might try Waimar.com. I have purchased pens from them before, and they were good to deal with. Cutepens is sometimes cheaper on some pens, but if you want a specific one, and they are out, you either wait or go somewhere else.

I have a Hero 100, 329, 330 & 616 (in numeric order) and one unknown number, and I like all of them. I understand your desire to go with what you know works, and wish you success.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Samn,

Sounds like a Hero 240. www.cutepens.com, not affiliated, usually has them, but it currently out of stock according to the web site. Could probably find it somwhere else they sell Heros. You might try Waimar.com. I have purchased pens from them before, and they were good to deal with. Cutepens is sometimes cheaper on some pens, but if you want a specific one, and they are out, you either wait or go somewhere else.

I have a Hero 100, 329, 330 & 616 (in numeric order) and one unknown number, and I like all of them. I understand your desire to go with what you know works, and wish you success.

Donnie

Thanks, Donnie, but the Hero 240 isn't the one I'm looking for. I'm not an expert on pens, so it's hard to explain what the nib looks like, but it's closer to the Cross model in appearance. (But I don't think it was the Hero 2C model, either.)

Maybe I should just give up and try one of the other models. :-)

Samn,

Donnie

Thanks, Donnie, but the Hero 240 isn't the one I'm looking for. I'm not an expert on pens, so it's hard to explain what the nib looks like, but it's closer to the Cross model in appearance. (But I don't think it was the Hero 2C model, either.)

You might try looking at isellpens.com (not affiliated). Todd has a lot of Hero pens, 3 separate long pages worth. I have bought a bunch of stuff from him, and have always been satisfied or overjoyed.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

You might try looking at isellpens.com (not affiliated). Todd has a lot of Hero pens, 3 separate long pages worth. I have bought a bunch of stuff from him, and have always been satisfied or overjoyed.

Donnie

Thanks again. I managed to finally narrow down the range I was looking for. It turned out to be an old 245 series of Hero pens that are no longer being produced. :-(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Samn,

Donnie

i don't know if you got the pen yet but here are some pictures from isellpens.com (no affiliation)

• 3 weeks later...

hi

I have these 240 models manufactured by Dux this the same as Hero 240 and have many more pens which include hero 616 330 345 look in my ebay shop item no 310013100219

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/camera-nation

Edited by parker 51

• 3 years later...

Gosh and we broke and threw away numerous of these hero and dux pens when we were kids. Anything less then a pelikano and we would be ashamed to carry it to school....sigh if only I knew people actually like these things lol!!