Got an ink you'd like to see reviewed? Request it here.

southpaw

I'd love to see de Atramentis Archive & Document in Black compared, if anyone owns both. Presently, Archive is not sold in the States.

Many thanks.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Mew

• Chrissy

• AndyYNWA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J. Herbin 1670 Storm Gray....when it's available. (Next month!!!) Sounds beautiful!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to see these inks compared, if anyone can manage it, or a CoRazy Review would be awesome too!

Mont Blanc Lavender Purple (I am so intrigued by this ink! Wish I could get a sample somewhere! Alas, I don't know anyplace that would have those)

Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses (the 2nd version, the purple one) I want this ink but it is eluding me :(

J Herbin Poussiere de Lune (new reformulated version - I am thinking I need to get a sample of this new version!)

Pilot Iroshizuku Yama Budo (a pretty ink that is on my wish list)

Oragincs Studio Jane Austen (I own this ink and love it! I am so sad it's not going to be available anymore)

I don't know if anyone has all 5 of these inks to compare them, but it would be really awesome to see how similar/different they are.

If anyone happens to have Mont Blanc Lavender Purple and wants to do a co-razy review please pm me for my address! ;)

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

I would like to see these inks compared, if anyone can manage it, or a CoRazy Review would be awesome too!

Mont Blanc Lavender Purple (I am so intrigued by this ink! Wish I could get a sample somewhere! Alas, I don't know anyplace that would have those)

Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses (the 2nd version, the purple one) I want this ink but it is eluding me :(

J Herbin Poussiere de Lune (new reformulated version - I am thinking I need to get a sample of this new version!)

Pilot Iroshizuku Yama Budo (a pretty ink that is on my wish list)

Oragincs Studio Jane Austen (I own this ink and love it! I am so sad it's not going to be available anymore)

I don't know if anyone has all 5 of these inks to compare them, but it would be really awesome to see how similar/different they are.

If anyone happens to have Mont Blanc Lavender Purple and wants to do a co-razy review please pm me for my address! ;)

Hey, you haven't finished out all the other CRVs I've sent you yet...have you? Once you do, I have 3 different MB violet inks.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Hey, you haven't finished out all the other CRVs I've sent you yet...have you? Once you do, I have 3 different MB violet inks.

I actually just finished a bunch today!!! I have two more I want to finish.

I am planning on mailing them out either Sat or Mon, depending on how soon I can finish the last two.

I haven't any pens filled with my pink inks at the moment, so CFE & Magic Fairy and DA Doc pink are still waiting for me to go on my pink binge again (I admit I put the first one in a drawer and forgot them. Oops! I just found them again recently.) At the moment I am all purple - especially feeling the darker and dusky purples now that it is fall.

Sorry it has taken me so long to finish all these reviews! I thought I would get them done faster! It is harder to sit down uninterrupted than I thought it would be. (It has taken me about 30 interrupted minutes just to write this!)

I have about 5 reviews completed though. And a few inky doodles for you. I wanted to send you some inky sample or two as well but it feels like you have everything, so if there is something I have that you want to try please let me know! ;)

Edited to fix typos :)

Edited by Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

If possible I would like a comparison between diamine red dragon and oxblood and sailor jentle blue black and rohrer klingner blau schwarz or salix.

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

If possible I would like a comparison between diamine red dragon and oxblood and sailor jentle blue black and rohrer klingner blau schwarz or salix.

This is the magic of CRVs. (Co-Razy-Views). If you have one of the inks, but not the other, write to someone who has the other and exchage letters. If you each use 1/2 of the paper, you get a great comparison.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I would love to see a review/comparison of the De Atramentis Maron along with other browns out there. Thanks!

This is the magic of CRVs. (Co-Razy-Views). If you have one of the inks, but not the other, write to someone who has the other and exchage letters. If you each use 1/2 of the paper, you get a great comparison.

the problem is that I haven't got any of these inks... :(

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

the problem is that I haven't got any of these inks... :(

Most people don't because if we did, we would have reviews. Remember, this is the review forum, not hte comparison forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Sailor Pen & Message Old Burgundy. I'm debating whether to buy this, but need to see a sample of it if possible!

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

It's not a review, but at least here's a screen shot.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Pens/DSC00074_zps0f699c2e.jpg

Ooh, thank you so much saskia! That's a gorgeous ink... I was worried it'd be too bright. Any sheen worth mentioning?

If you don't mind, would you also post a side by side of Kobe #44 and #46? I can't really tell the difference from looking at your separate reviews :blush:

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Someone just asked for a comparison of those two with #36. Check out the inky thoughts thread and keep your eyes peeled on Monday. :)

As for sheen, I initially wanted to say no, but then I took another look at the writing sample in the sun. here's the strange thing - the sheen covers all the ink, like this thin layer you can't see in regular lighting. But in the sun, if you tilt the page, you can see it. And the strange part is that it isn't like most sheen where it's only obvious only in areas where the ink pools. It's still *most* obvious there, but there's a light dusting of sheen over all the ink.

Someone just asked for a comparison of those two with #36. Check out the inky thoughts thread and keep your eyes peeled on Monday. :)

As for sheen, I initially wanted to say no, but then I took another look at the writing sample in the sun. here's the strange thing - the sheen covers all the ink, like this thin layer you can't see in regular lighting. But in the sun, if you tilt the page, you can see it. And the strange part is that it isn't like most sheen where it's only obvious only in areas where the ink pools. It's still *most* obvious there, but there's a light dusting of sheen over all the ink.

Great, thank you so much! :D I really like the picture of the Old Burgundy you posted, I may just have to pick up a bottle...

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

• 4 weeks later...

Could anyone please do a quick side by side of Bung-box Ruby/Tears of a clown and Sweet Potato Purple? If you don't mind :) Thank you!

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!