Got an ink you'd like to see reviewed? Request it here.

southpaw

Thanks Andy - that's what I was afraid of.

Does anyone happen to know how long is too long for these inks?

I assume it has quite a lot to do with how tightly the cap seals. A tight sealing cap can be left unused for week and maybe even months. But a cap that doesn't seal properly might clog after 2-3 days.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Mew

• Chrissy

• AndyYNWA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Andy - that's what I was afraid of.

Does anyone happen to know how long is too long for these inks?

Left too long and the inks dries out: It's a =bleep= to clean out. As Andy noted, it's contingent on the the cap seal.

Some cap seals are not so air tight, thus evaporation can occurs quickly. Unless you're fairly new to this hobby, you'll likely know which fountain pens (that you own) dry out inks fast. In such pens, you may want to avoid using nano inks. However, if you're quiet worried about leaving a nano ink in a pen for too long or want to avoid the hassle of cleaning out a pen with such ink, buy a Platinum Preppy. You can order one online for between $2 to $5 and convert it to eye dropper (always keep it full with a dab of silicone grease on the threads!) and it would work quiet well. Though on the low end, the caps on Platinum Preppies are quite tight and the year old ink I have in one is a testament to how air tight it is.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Nodaiko Violet is one I am dearly sad to have missed, so I'd love to see a review of that one. Mew! Pretty please?

Sure, these are the inks I want to ink up next.

Shousaikan Seiran

Morita wine red

Nodaiko violet

Irori

I'll do reviews of first 3.

Please review the following :-

1. Brill Turquoise Blue

2. Camlin Permanent Black

3. Brill Violet

4. Brill Black

5. Pilot Ink

6. Daytone Turquoise Blue

• 4 weeks later...

Sure, these are the inks I want to ink up next.

Shousaikan Seiran

Morita wine red

Nodaiko violet

Irori

I'll do reviews of first 3.

Mew, would you happen to have Hougado Uranari Green? If so, I'd love to see a review at some point (or even just a writing sample). Thanks!

Mew, would you happen to have Hougado Uranari Green? If so, I'd love to see a review at some point (or even just a writing sample). Thanks!

From the swatches, i felt that it could be close to Quadrifoglio, so skipped it when it was in stock. Sorry that couldn't help.

I do have nodaiko Violet, yamaarashi sepia and all 4 of the deep dark series.

From the swatches, i felt that it could be close to Quadrifoglio, so skipped it when it was in stock. Sorry that couldn't help.

Ah! So that's why you skipped it!

I know you have a long queue of inks to test, Mew, but when you have a moment, how about the green from the "Dark" series? I'd like to know if I'd look nice in my Franklin-Christoph 65 Stabilis in Vintage Green. :cP

That and please let me send you a glass dip pen. XcO

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Looking forward to Nodaiko Violet, it looks gorgeous.

Ah! So that's why you skipped it!

I know you have a long queue of inks to test, Mew, but when you have a moment, how about the green from the "Dark" series? I'd like to know if I'd look nice in my Franklin-Christoph 65 Stabilis in Vintage Green. :cP

That and please let me send you a glass dip pen. XcO

I think that was back in December, but I think I want it. :|

Sure, I'll try to load that one in something. Nagoya castle sepia is very horrible, so I might empty that pen out.

I really don't like glass pens, and neither do I accept free stuff from anyone. Thanks for the offer. :)

Looking forward to Nodaiko Violet, it looks gorgeous.

That one is up next, still have 3ml of Seiran to go through with. :)

• 1 month later...

Come on, Mew!!!! ;)

ME TOO! It's one of the few inks I didn't manage to get that I'm suuuuuuuuuuper curious about. :)

Done. I hope this is okay: www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/313377-sailor-hougado-pen-gallery-nodaiko-violet/

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see someone do an extensive review of Iroshizuku Take-Sumi and Pilot/Namiki Black on various papers. I hear dry times on Tomoe River for Take-Sumi are quite good!

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

Monteverde Blue-Black (is looks like a reformulation from a swatch; way darker than the old one) and Monteverde Documental Blue

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.