Eversharp Skyline durability/compared to Parker 51

Flatiron

I'm not experienced with Eversharp but recently decided I'd like to get a Skyline. Many of the reviews I've read have complained about the quality of the plastic in the solid color models. I only buy pens I can use, and have the most experience with Parker. I keep a 51 inked for notes and diagrams, letters, and occasionally notating sheet music. I'd like to use a Skyline the same way.

My pens stay on my desk and never leave my home, but I understand that the plastic on 51s is some of the best. I don't want to accidentally break or damage a Skyline. If you have experience with both models (51 and Skyline) I'd like to hear if you think I'm being overly cautious.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• jchch1950

• Flatiron

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyline pens can be of three periods. The original ones that are lever filled, then there were others made with fixed converters some decades later and the pens that you can buy new now. The first group is the more easily found in the market. My experience with the later pens is very good in quality and the after-sale service is first class. I stand to be corrected by the experts in this section who will add much more information, dates and technical evaluations.

Skylines are undervalued and excellent pens.  A good companion to the 51.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.