Hello from Centex

Pete of Killeen

Well, I am from Killeen, TX and have been into hifi for years. Mainly I have my listening room about as good as it can get.

So fountain pens started catching my eye a few years back but had forgotten about it until recently.

I peruse YouTube frequently so stated watching a ton of pen vids.

I bought my first two pens recently and will post in the appropriate thread. A 3d is on order, and I have "space" for 22 total.

If it is like record collecting, I will be seeing how fast I can fill those "holes"...lol.

Maybe it will be more of a "gathering/collecting" sort of activity because really words to paper is mostly a digital

endeavor for me.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pete of Killeen

• singlechange

• Mechanical

• OCArt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome Pete!  I don’t buy many records now, but at my peak, I had about 3000 LPs.  That was just way too many, especially since a shelf or two was made up of opera sets.  I’ve pruned, so I’m down to about 2000, I think.

I’m trying to hold the line with pens.  Here’s the problem — I keep buying inks and then getting another pen so I have my new favorite new ink in current rotation.  Yikes!

Currently most used pen: Sailor Pro Gear inked with Sailor Kiwaguro

14 minutes ago, Mechanical said:

Welcome Pete!  I don’t buy many records now, but at my peak, I had about 3000 LPs.  That was just way too many, especially since a shelf or two was made up of opera sets.  I’ve pruned, so I’m down to about 2000, I think.

I’m trying to hold the line with pens.  Here’s the problem — I keep buying inks and then getting another pen so I have my new favorite new ink in current rotation.  Yikes!

Thanks! The struggle is real with hobbies for sure!  Within the next month give or take I will hit 2,024 records---just in time for 2024..ha.

2 hours ago, Pete of Killeen said:

Thanks! The struggle is real with hobbies for sure!  Within the next month give or take I will hit 2,024 records---just in time for 2024..ha.

You could hold to this schedule to reach 2,025 in 2025 and so forth.  :lol:

When I buy a new record, I do try to part with others that I haven't listened to lately.  HOWEVER, when I'm going through the stacks to choose what to get rid of -- I start playing them, remember why I like them, and that's the end of that.  On hifi systems, I don't think I'll buy another.

I do have pens that I could part with, but even the cheap ones have their purpose.  Some I use  to test out new inks and some I have just to put in my pocket, carry around, and take on a walking trips, and such. 

Currently most used pen: Sailor Pro Gear inked with Sailor Kiwaguro

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Let's see some pics of your two recent pens. We're always interested in what newbies select for their first writers. Welcome to this wonderful place.

35 minutes ago, singlechange said:

Let's see some pics of your two recent pens. We're always interested in what newbies select for their first writers. Welcome to this wonderful place.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/363664-i-got-this-pen-today/?do=findComment&comment=4698920

Edited by Pete of Killeen

Wow! What a way to start your new hobby. A lot of us just start with an entry level Sailor, Pilot, Lamy or Esterbrook. Well done indeed. 

3 minutes ago, singlechange said:

Wow! What a way to start your new hobby. A lot of us just start with an entry level Sailor, Pilot, Lamy or Esterbrook. Well done indeed. 

Thankyou!