Platinum President

davisgt

My new Platinum President was just delivered and it was quite fun to unbox my new pen. It looks remarkably similar,  in fact shockingly similar,  to my Sailor 1911L. I will actually need to look closely enough to see the stamped name to know the difference.  Very intriguing.  

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davisgt

• inkstainedruth

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting.  I only have low-end Platinum pens (some Preppies that were freebies with four oz. bottles of Noodler's ink a number of years ago -- this was before Noodler's brought out the Charlie eyedropper pens); and one Plaisir I got early on (back when they sold them with the coated nibs to match the barrel & cap color).   When I got the Plaisir, I found that the very wide cap band was really cheesy looking in person.  But what was WORSE was that after a while the coating on the nib started to flake off and I was really worried about the possible contamination with the ink in the bottles (I gather that Platinum has stopped making those coated nibs).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."