Vacumatic with flat blind cap

CVR

How common is it for vacumatics to come with flat blind caps? I've always assumed that non-jeweled blind caps came with rounded ends.

This is a lockdown filler with the date code 43, signifying, presumably, the 4th qtr of 1933. (Also, is it common for the date code to be perpendicular to the pen's long axis?)

BTW, this is a silver/grey pearl, although the lighting makes it look brown.

Pkr_flt_cap1.jpg

Pkr_flt_cap2.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CVR

• Carguy

• Format

• inkstainedruth

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Almost looks like a Vac “standard” to me. I had one of these with a striped section in gray but it was from 1938.

11 minutes ago, Carguy said:

Almost looks like a Vac “standard” to me. I had one of these with a striped section in gray but it was from 1938.

Just so I understand... you mean you had a vacumatic with a flat blind cap?

Oh I thought I saw the striped jewel, I saw that wrong. Is there no hole for the jewel at all, it’s just solid?

29 minutes ago, Carguy said:

Oh I thought I saw the striped jewel, I saw that wrong. Is there no hole for the jewel at all, it’s just solid?

Yes, this blind cap is just flat across the top. Not a missing jewel.

No jewel, no option for jewel, no rounded end.

Pkr_flt_cap3.thumb.jpg.7fef7475657637f9ed3312628b1caa14.jpg

Wow that’s interesting. It literally looks just like my Vac Standard just without the jewel.

I was completely useless, I apologize.

1 hour ago, Carguy said:

Wow that’s interesting. It literally looks just like my Vac Standard just without the jewel.

I was completely useless, I apologize.

Not a problem. My pictures did not show the top of the blind cap, so I share the blame for the misunderstanding.

@CVR -- You might try contacting Tony Fischier -- the guy who runs the Parkercollector.com website and send the photos to him.  That site is my go-to for all things Parker Pen because the amount of information about the various models Parker has released over the years is STAGGERING.  (I think at one point he was on FPN as well, but don't remember his screen name).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have just scoured the pages of the Vacumatic book to see if I could see anything similar, there is a prototype that is similar, not identical.

Plenty of stuff in there that I had forgotten or didn't know, the Cadillac range, Sears, Roebuck specials, Segar .

Some real oddballs such us a laminated Golden Pearl with a Parker 51 imprint around the barrel, Vacs without cap threads, solid color Vacs in red, purple, greens, herringbone patters etc.

Sorry, could not see your particular blind cap.