J. herbin discontinued/relatively unheard of Inks

The_Beginner

Now i understand there are quite a few, but what are some of the discontinued or newer/not commonly heard of releases that myself or others may not be aware of? I would love to hear of any you may now

Discontinued that i know of is the following:

-rouge fuchsia  which has substitute with almost a similar Rouge opera 90% identical just hue variation

- Blue lotus 1930-1940's discontinued perfume ink i have one somewhere.

Newer/not common heard releases That i know of is the following:

- Artist Creations Inks Collection Kenzo Takada Shogun

-  lemon scented ink

- Jacques Herbin Writing Ink Set Colours of Paris

- i feel the essential line is overlooked, simple true colors is what i call them

- Turquoise de Perse

- Cult Pens Exclusive Riviere de la Lune

- Artist Creations Inks Collection Nude

Edited by The_Beginner
typo

As i see it you are never an expert just a beginner learning a new trick!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The_Beginner

• inkstainedruth

• Bo Bo Olson

• PPPR

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bottle of the Shogun ink but have never opened it.  It's a shimmer ink that IIRC has both gold and silver colors particles in it.  
Vaguely remember something about the Artist Creations Inks but was not interested in it.  The others I don't know at all (but given that one is exclusive to Cult Pens, that isn't that all surprising that I hadn't heard of it).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Same here I did some deep searching nude is interesting it's a very "nude" skin color, i feel it could be used to mix things with or for painting tough one to paint though. Ya the cult pens one surprised me it looks nice but nothing to truly WOW me

54 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

I have a bottle of the Shogun ink but have never opened it.  It's a shimmer ink that IIRC has both gold and silver colors particles in it.  

https://mountainofink.com/blog/j-herbin-shogun

mountain a trusted reviewer made a swatch review of it!

30 minutes ago, The_Beginner said:

Same here I did some deep searching nude is interesting it's a very "nude" skin color, i feel it could be used to mix things with or for painting tough one to paint though. Ya the cult pens one surprised me it looks nice but nothing to truly WOW me

https://mountainofink.com/blog/j-herbin-shogun

mountain a trusted reviewer made a swatch review of it!

Hadn't seen that particular review but do remember when the ink first came out.  Added it to an order to hit the threshold for free shipping even though I've pretty much given up on shimmer inks -- the particles don't stay on the  page permanently after the ink is dry, IME....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

8 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Hadn't seen that particular review but do remember when the ink first came out.  Added it to an order to hit the threshold for free shipping even though I've pretty much given up on shimmer inks -- the particles don't stay on the  page permanently after the ink is dry, IME....

ah yes ive experienced this as well, hence i opted a whooooolee way to remove shimmer from ink through a tiresome process but longer run helps me not deal with shimmer

Edited by The_Beginner
typo

On 9/19/2024 at 4:28 AM, The_Beginner said:

the particles don't stay on the  page permanently after the ink is dry,

Ah.                  ...logical though.

The things I had no idea of is that mountain giving me shade.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

There was a limited edition J. Herbin ink from around 20 years ago. The name escapes me. It was based on the recipe for black ink used for Victor Hugo's inks. I liked his book, The Miserable Ones, but much preferred the ink.