EFNIR: Lamy Red

LizEF

On 9/18/2024 at 4:52 PM, LizEF said:

[...] (Honestly, it was a fluke [...]

Nice try, @LizEF! :) I think it was careful planning! :) 

Interesting, @LizEF and @yazeh, how patterns are similar, despite being separated by distance and time. I also have quite turbulent but funny memories of family gatherings during my childhood (up to 30 people in one room ...) but parents told me about the fun being unequally distributed over the participants (to tell it in friendly words). However, so many of the relatives are gone and gatherings became small and intimate meetings. I still enjoy them. :) 

One life!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• yazeh

• Sailor Kenshin

• Mercian

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, InesF said:

Interesting, @LizEF and @yazeh, how patterns are similar, despite being separated by distance and time. I also have quite turbulent but funny memories of family gatherings during my childhood (up to 30 people in one room ...) but parents told me about the fun being unequally distributed over the participants (to tell it in friendly words). However, so many of the relatives are gone and gatherings became small and intimate meetings. I still enjoy them. :) 

I think it has to do with the structure of the family dynamics, which literature, theatre and  movies,  use  to manufacture more dramatic tension, either for comedy, drama or both. And what's a family gathering it's a microcosmic sample of society. Hence why the fish out of water, is such a popular style of comedy. 

Nowadays, when I see any type of gathering in a movie, I know, somethings gonna happen, for the better or the worse :) 

5 hours ago, InesF said:

Nice try, @LizEF! :) I think it was careful planning! :) 

:lol:

5 hours ago, InesF said:

:) The universal story.  Only the details differ, and sometimes not even those. :D