Repairing a leaky Parker 21 Super

etohmartini

I have a green Parker 21 Super that has an extraordinary nib. It glides across a page effortlessly. For a lefty, this is a big deal.

The problem is that after sitting capped for even a few minutes, ink wicks out at the ring which separates the section from barrel. 

It is suggested to me that there is a crack in the section somewhere. Ok, sure enough, I spot a microcrack. And by that I mean barely visible under a 20x loupe. Not visible under my cheater reading glasses, or even my handheld magnifying glass. Well, maybe a crack that small can still wick up a fair bit of ink. 

I figure that I could solvent weld the crack using MEK. I pull the edges apart gently, wick some MEK into the crack and push the crack closed. 24 hours later, no crack. Reassemble the pen. Same issue.

Any other suggestions?

At this point, I am willing to do anything, including buying a whole other 21 Super and swap the nib into that.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• hari317

• etohmartini

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe just change the hood or if you want, move the nib to a 51. 

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

On some Parker 21 supers that I have handled, the clutch ring has one side flat and the other side concave. The concave side must face the filler and the flat side must face the hood. Reversing this can lead to a leak. Just check this. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.