• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lam1

• quaestor

• senzen

• Waltz For Zizi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's plainly gorgeous. At probably 12 times my max budget per pen, I'd have to sell my entire collection, which I am not about to do.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

This one is tempting, but I'm not 100% sure that I like the white.

In any case, I'd only get it if I'd sell 3-4 of my M800s, which is unlikely. Not interested in increasing the collection.

Now, there is someone in Pelikan's design team that really likes white, eh? (I had to ask my wife if she wasn't secretly working for Pelikan 😂 - if this were a M710 she'd jump on it). 

On 9/14/2024 at 10:07 PM, Lam1 said:

This one is tempting, but I'm not 100% sure that I like the white.

In any case, I'd only get it if I'd sell 3-4 of my M800s, which is unlikely. Not interested in increasing the collection.

Now, there is someone in Pelikan's design team that really likes white, eh? (I had to ask my wife if she wasn't secretly working for Pelikan 😂 - if this were a M710 she'd jump on it). 

But it's perfect for you if you are not interested in increasing the collection, because if you sell 3-4, and buy it, you will have lowered the collection.

anywhay..

I just wish it was an m710. A lot more tempted. I just dislike the m800 size pens because I dislike the shape of the nib compared to the rest of the line.

12 hours ago, Waltz For Zizi said:

But it's perfect for you if you are not interested in increasing the collection, because if you sell 3-4, and buy it, you will have lowered the collection.

anywhay..

I just wish it was an m710. A lot more tempted. I just dislike the m800 size pens because I dislike the shape of the nib compared to the rest of the line.

Indeed, it would be a good way to decrease the collection. But, that means I would have to get around to actually putting the pens up for sale, and I've been procrastinating on that for quite some time now 🙂.

On 9/20/2024 at 3:06 AM, Waltz For Zizi said:

I just wish it was an m710

Me too, but is still to be had after 5 of 6 numbers come through on my weekly speculative investment program.

I have a green Hunter Toledo 915. and it is considerably heavier than a 800.kzJY24b.jpg

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.