Geha 700 Schulfüller from the 1950s - does anyone recognise this logo on its nib?

Mercian

Hi all,
I am posting this thread to see whether anyone else recognises the logo on the nib of my late 1950s Geha 700 Schulfüller:

large.IMG_3738.jpeg.1022a27d66908db1ff462d11e8535ff6.jpeg

The logo to which I am referring is the sun disk with 12 ‘rays’ on it, near the grip-section.

None of other Geha 700s that I have seen in photographs have had this, 12-rayed, sun logo.

I wonder whether it might indicate something about the nib, e.g. nib width, grind-shape, or degree of hardness/flexibility.

This nib is a gold-plated steel nib. It is, as is correctly indicated on the pen’s piston-turning knob, an ‘FK’ nib - an ‘F’ nib with ‘kugel’ (ball) tipping.
It produces a mono-width line, unlike many German nibs of the 1950s, which often had very ‘flat’-shaped tipping, and produce a ‘cursive italic’ line.

In terms of flexibility, this nib is slightly ‘springy’, or ‘bouncy’; it is not, by any means, a ‘flex’ nib.
It is slightly less ‘bouncy’ than is the steel ‘F’ nib on my Pelikan M205 from 2012, or the 14k gold ‘M’ nib on my Pelikan M400 from the 1990s (1991-97).
It is much less ‘bouncy’ than is the 14k gold ‘F’ nib on my 1954 Pelikan 400, which nib has one of the flat-tipped ‘cursive italic’ grinds on it.

So, has anyone seen this ‘12-rayed sun’ logo on another Geha nib before?
Does anyone recognise/know that it signifies anything, or what the different logos ‘mean’?

My thanks to you in advance for any answers.

Slàinte,
M.

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Mercian

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No....& I have six or so piston Gehas.

I don't know ahtt hat fancy mark says....perhaps www.ruettinger-web.de..Geha blog could help.He is also one of the best for Pelikan.

However, Degussa made Gehas nibs. Therefore being so like Osmai's are a slight tad mopre springy than Pelikans.

Two posters I respect posted that, and I tested my 5-6 vintage Gehas vs 5 vintage Pelikans and found it to be true, even in the maxi-semi-flex 790 Ef Geha vs the OF maxi-semi-flex 400nn.

Slight but a bit more springy.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.