Sailor Pro Gear KOP Sunlight from the Ocean Floor $429 from Endless Pens

lascosas

This was available during their July sale for slightly less money, but still a great deal.  It is one of their weekly HopDrop items.  Use DOUBLEDROP at checkout for a 20% discount.  This is pre-order for October delivery, as were the ones sold in July.  Endless Pens stocks many brands, and for most of them they are an authorized dealer.  Not Sailor.

https://endlesspens.com/products/sailor-fountain-pen-pro-gear-kop-sunlight-from-the-ocean-floor-special-edition-2024

12.png

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lascosas

• james3paris

• sketchstack

• Paul-in-SF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered this during the July sale (and it was at $386 then). Folks should note that the expected delivery is in October, although if you buy it now you will have a much shorter wait than I have had. 

If my math is correct, the current price with the 20% discount is $429 not $386. 

Your math is correct, and mine certainly isn't.  Thanks for that.  I changed it in the title.

On 9/11/2024 at 12:49 PM, Paul-in-SF said:

I ordered this during the July sale (and it was at $386 then). Folks should note that the expected delivery is in October, although if you buy it now you will have a much shorter wait than I have had. 

If my math is correct, the current price with the 20% discount is $429 not $386. 

I order in July as well.  I thought the original delivery was supposed to be this month.

3 hours ago, james3paris said:

I thought the original delivery was supposed to be this month.

I was pretty sure it was October, and I double checked it a couple of days later. They could have changed it in the meantime, of course. Anyway, I am not holding my breath. 

18 hours ago, lascosas said:

It always said October.

Probably...does not matter.   I am waiting.  

This is another good buy.    The nib is exceptional. It is limited to 500.   After discounts, about half of what other dealers are selling it for.

https://endlesspens.com/products/sailor-fountain-pen-naginata-togi-ebonite-mouko-limited-edition-2024?variant=43806452383920

On 9/11/2024 at 9:12 AM, lascosas said:

... Endless Pens stocks many brands, and for most of them they are an authorized dealer.  Not Sailor. ...

My understanding with this particular retailer is that they actually don't stock a lot of brands, and the reason their wait times are always so far out is because they don't place an order until enough customers pre-pay (or pre-commit) to buying. I could be wrong, but that explains why sometimes they have pre-orders on products that are readily available elsewhere at different retailers.

Compared to Goulet etc no, they do not carry many brands, but for most of the brands they do carry, they are an authorized dealer.  That is not true for Lamy

My point was about having physical stocks of product in-hand. From what I can tell their business models is somewhat unique compared to most retailers in that they wait until enough people have pre-paid for products and then they place the order with a distributor or supplier. (Which explains the sometimes long wait times for products that are already available in the marketplace from other retailers.)

I've placed dozens of orders with them over several years and probaby 85% of the items were in stock when I ordered them.  And they are very good about telling you, before placing the order, when pre-order items are expected.  Also, unless it is in the midst of their Black Friday sale when things get slightly chaotic, if they say it is in stock, they mean it.