Need info on Sailor pen

speerbob

Hi, Does anyone know what model this Sailor 1911 is?  I assume it's a limited edition.  I have now seen two in the last 5 years so I don't think it's a one-off custom.  It's a sterling silver 1911 with an Indian head gold $2.50 coin on the back of the cap.  It appears to be a real $2.50 gold coin with a 1911 date.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,  BOB

sailorsterlingcoin1.JPG

sailorsterlingcoin2.JPG

sailorsterlingcoin4.JPG

Check out my website at www.Speerbob.com

http://www.speerbob.com/ebay/SpeerbobBannersmall.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speerbob

• Samovar

• Karmachanic

• Paul-in-SF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very strange, a search in Japanese does not reveal anything. It's a very clever little addition. Where did you find the pen, might be clue. 

If this is a real gold coin, that amount of gold (about 1/8 Troy ounce) would be worth over $300 just for the gold, let alone any collectible value of the coin (before it was Dali-melted over the barrel) which is over $500. 

Anyway, that doesn't help you to find out more about the model, about which I have no information. But before you sell it I would certainly take it to a jeweler or gold coin dealer to have them estimate the gold value. 

Some bright spark glued a US 1920s Quarter Gold (4.18g) Eagle coin  on a Japanese pen, and in so doing greatly devalued the coin ( If genuine).

Add lightness and simplicate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm pretty sure the coin is genuine.  I'm sure it was not about the value of the pen or the coin.  It meant something to the person who made created it.  Cool that the coin is dated 1911 and that's likely what inspired them.  I'm pretty sure now it's a custom job.  very well done.  Cheers,  BOB

Check out my website at www.Speerbob.com

http://www.speerbob.com/ebay/SpeerbobBannersmall.jpg