First Eversharp Skyline Restoration

thebruce

Always admired the art-deco look of these pens and picked up my first one last week on Ebay. Actually had already been re-sacced so it was a fairly easy restoration. Took under an hour. Have the nib almost dialed in. The tines we're a bit misaligned and i have a little hard start at times. Since it had a new sac on it i didnt want to try to take the feed out to clean it, but i think i might need to at some point.Unless somehow has a tip for removing the feed and nib with the sac still on. 

I'm still amazed a little polishing can make these pens look almost like new... 

I was expecting more flex in the nib. It's a soft, medium. At some point i think i will get a custom grind on it and i think it will be an excellent writer. Feels good in the hand. I'd like to try to find one a bit larger for my next purchase. 

s-l1600-1.thumb.webp.fe10f44af76d08bd1a8cafe32b691f45.webp

The before. 

IMG_8494.thumb.jpeg.ce1c1bad61a5b90b27b62f25e125a736.jpeg

The during. 

IMG_8503.thumb.jpeg.e0a252d54dbce9615fe3bfd82f2da669.jpegIMG_8506.thumb.jpeg.76b6d7371a14fd59c561d489d18a7ca4.jpegIMG_8504.thumb.jpeg.f55b0c6cb74d94b5150d1ea74cd8b97b.jpeg

The after. 

s-l1600.webp

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8497.jpeg

IMG_8498.jpeg

IMG_8500.jpeg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thebruce

• jchch1950

• GlenV

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A working pen is always a pleasant feeling. When you restore the pen it must be added a satisfactory one. One question, Does the sac have an inner tube? If not do you replace it?

Nice job. Shiny and clean.  It’s so easy to swap sacs I would do it so it writes better since can clean out the feed channel, and the breather tube that Skylines have. If the sac is good you can shellac it back on, simple and quick. You can make your own knock out block if you don’t have one, mine is homemade. 

Regards, Glen

19 hours ago, GlenV said:

Nice job. Shiny and clean.  It’s so easy to swap sacs I would do it so it writes better since can clean out the feed channel, and the breather tube that Skylines have. If the sac is good you can shellac it back on, simple and quick. You can make your own knock out block if you don’t have one, mine is homemade. 

thanks glenn. yea thats a good idea.