Boston Area - 2024 Commonwealth Pen Show - September 14th & 15th

Gloucesterman

Saturday and Sunday, September 14th & 15th

The 9th Annual Commonwealth Pen Show

Saturday - 10:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.

Sunday - 9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.

will take place in Somerville, Massachusetts (adjacent to Boston).

Somerville Armory, 191 Highland Avenue, Somerville, MA

For more information regarding times, transportation, parking and vendors please click on the link below:

http://commonwealthpenshow.com/

FREE PARKING information here

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gloucesterman

• Lloyd

• Norlander

• doriath19

Stop by my table for a free gift or purchase discount when you mention this posting!

Look for the "Gloucesterman sign on the table:

Note: 10% of the sale income will be donated to nonprofit organizations.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

How was the show? 

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Personally, as a seller (I only bought one pen and had two repairs done) IT Was EXCELLENT!

What a great group of people - both vendors and attendees - based on my experience. Again, personally, I enjoy the attendee interaction the most. Taking time to talk with people, learn about them and their pen interests. We are (IMHO) part of a truly wonderful community.

In a way, it's particularly fascinating that the community I perceive here on line is the same one I experience(d) at the Show and at Boston Pen People meetings.. Warm, friendly, inquisitive, open and wanting to share and show. Or is it show and tell (LOL).

I will post more later and I need to focus on cleaning up my stuff, putting things away and sending out a check for the one pen I bought as I was literally walking out the door to leave, after the loading my car. (To find out what one pen I bought at the Show, check out my, soon to be posted post on the "Impulsive Pen Acquisition" thread.

Lloyd, Thank You for asking and I really do wish you were there...:-) Several people from here were nice enough to identify themselves and that really was WONDERFUL!!

Sadly, I got Covid several days before the show. Despite it only being mild, I didn't want to spread it in our community. 

Oscar Wilde

2 hours ago, doriath19 said:

It was a great show! I brought my three kids and they all loved it. So much fun to share that time with them. 

@Gloucesterman you gave my daughter a pen and she was so happy! Thanks for making her day!

Thank YOU (all) for being there.

Please know that You are all welcome. It really was my pleasure to share that with her (with your and your husband's permission, of course).

Please come back next year and get some more goodies for her (and perhaps you as well 🙂 ?

As much as I enjoy the Show and selling my pens/ink/paper etc. It's the conversations and the "people energy' which truly keeps me on my feet and going for the two days of the show.

35 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Sadly, I got Covid several days before the show. Despite it only being mild, I didn't want to spread it in our community. 

Sorry you were in a position to make that sacrifice. There several people who idenified themselves from FPN and purchased "stuff" AND received discounts or "goodies".

It was a GREAT show and were planning to be there in 2025 I think.

Come to our Boston Pen People meetings. The energy is different and just as welcoming... IMO>

Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery.

Thanks, G-man.  My symptoms never were too bad and they're mostly gone now.  Poor timing...

Oscar Wilde