PLP Jumbos - the balance equation

arun.upb

got a few well balanced PLP jumbos from Mr. Satish. Basically, trying out a few "hourglass section geometries", slight variations in lengths and weights.IMG_2743.thumb.jpeg.999a88e792ba34a5fedd46fa14ecfc80.jpeg

IMG_2744.thumb.jpeg.fd07a44c6461c41ddb9d234d41d349fa.jpeg

IMG_2745.thumb.jpeg.5cb93da107e557184081b39ea65b7783.jpeg

IMG_2746.thumb.jpeg.5f5fde7cb8f81e42e293d5d66210e1dc.jpeg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arun.upb

• tommym

• K Singh

• Harish N V

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, K Singh said:

Love these 👍 Some of them remind me of Kim Jumbo 🙂

now that you say it ;)

Nice to see the hour glass shaped sections. This model.is hands down favourite from plp. Unique size and girth

41 minutes ago, Harish N V said:

Nice to see the hour glass shaped sections. This model.is hands down favourite from plp. Unique size and girth

Thanks, and I agree, great well made model from Plp.

8 hours ago, arun.upb said:

got a few well balanced PLP jumbos from Mr. Satish. Basically, trying out a few "hourglass section geometries", slight variations in lengths and weights.

It seems to be an optical illusion. Are the bodies different in length, or just the sections, or a combination of the two?  PLP recently added black ebonite to its Jumbo line-up; is your black pen ebonite or acrylic? I am wondering which material is lighter. 

Thanks,

Tommy

15 hours ago, tommym said:

It seems to be an optical illusion. Are the bodies different in length, or just the sections, or a combination of the two?  PLP recently added black ebonite to its Jumbo line-up; is your black pen ebonite or acrylic? I am wondering which material is lighter. 

Thanks,

Tommy

let me try to break the illusion :) They are all ebonites, generally speaking ebonite is lighter than acrylic, sizes being comparable. Below are a few more pics with the pen  aligned at the threads. What you will get if you dont specify anything is the "black pen" - this, as far as I understand, is their jumbo size.IMG_2753.thumb.jpeg.a417534077ae6db8b8d3849da503bc30.jpeg

IMG_2754.thumb.jpeg.f0e899583197df28ade408d29752fecf.jpeg

IMG_2755.thumb.jpeg.b86a2df5e17757505d268fee498d1a1f.jpeg

IMG_2756.thumb.jpeg.ae4bf89b06070c7c410dee81a286028b.jpeg

12 hours ago, hari317 said:

I love the section shape of the Green one. Very senior flat top ish. Ratnamson supreme has a similar section. 

Thanks! at around 18mm in length its about 7mm shorter than their standard jumbo. With a stub nib it is a very stable writer, if stable is even a valid adjective. 

Those vintage seniors had such beautiful nibs.

On 9/6/2024 at 10:49 PM, arun.upb said:

got a few well balanced PLP jumbos from Mr. Satish. Basically, trying out a few "hourglass section geometries", slight variations in lengths and weights.

Did you opt for dedicated eyedroppers, converter cartridges, or a mix among these pens?

Tommy

13 hours ago, tommym said:

Did you opt for dedicated eyedroppers, converter cartridges, or a mix among these pens?

Tommy

the ones pictured above are all dedicated eyedroppers - friction fit nibs. Outside of the green pen (the section length is shorter), the others can be requested to accept a jowo housing unit. I am thinking of getting a couple with jowo units :)

8 hours ago, arun.upb said:

the ones pictured above are all dedicated eyedroppers - friction fit nibs. Outside of the green pen (the section length is shorter), the others can be requested to accept a jowo housing unit. I am thinking of getting a couple with jowo units :)

Thank you for the additional information.

Tommy