Nahvalur Eclipse - New capless pen

inkstainedadventure

13 minutes ago, stephanos said:

This is definitely interesting; thank you. To me - based on the photos you've posted - it looks a lot like the Curidas, but without the bulge at the end of the barrel for the nib trapdoor. Would that be more or less accurate?

Pretty much. I'd think that the section is a hair thinner than the Curidas. 

the Danitrio Fellowship

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedadventure

• Doug C

• Dan Carmell

• Gloucesterman

4 hours ago, stephanos said:

This is definitely interesting; thank you. To me - based on the photos you've posted - it looks a lot like the Curidas, but without the bulge at the end of the barrel for the nib trapdoor. Would that be more or less accurate?

I would say that is an accurate assessment. The only differences is the width (13mm Curidas and 14mm Eclipse), weight (27 grams Curidas and 36 grams Eclipse). They handle the same, roughly the same length, and have removeable clips. I will give a shoutout to the Eclipse for being a better handler without the clip as there is no annoying bump under the pen. It is also faceted and can function as its own rollstop without the clip.

I have found some sharp edges. Also note when mine was shipped the clip set on where the pens action is not on the body. It made things too sluggish to properly operate. Once I found that and set it on the body it worked correctly. It was hard starting a couple of days after getting it, but with all of the times I removed the nib unit to debug the action it could have impacted it. I've been letting it sit to see if it has the issue again.

5 minutes ago, Driften said:

I have found some sharp edges. Also note when mine was shipped the clip set on where the pens action is not on the body. It made things too sluggish to properly operate. Once I found that and set it on the body it worked correctly. It was hard starting a couple of days after getting it, but with all of the times I removed the nib unit to debug the action it could have impacted it. I've been letting it sit to see if it has the issue again.

Thanks for that information. It just adds to the conclusion that some of these were rushed to be shipped due to the overwhelming pre-orders. You may want to clean the upper body where the nib unit goes in. I notice a but of ink on the outside of the nib body where the cartridge goes in and I think it may have prevented the trap door from sealing completely. Once I washed it out and dried it, I have not had a hard start issue, yet. I'm just surprised Nahvalur let some of these pens go out with shoddy gluing and clips not set in the right place. Usually their QC is much better than this.

1 hour ago, inkstainedadventure said:

…I'm just surprised Nahvalur let some of these pens go out with shoddy gluing and clips not set in the right place. Usually their QC is much better than this.

I got that retractable from Endless and the trap door is askew and doesn’t seal. I didn’t bother dealing with it then and probably it could be fixed—by a better tinkerer than me. But maybe the lesson for me with both pens is to let someone experience the initial production run. 

36 minutes ago, Dan Carmell said:

I got that retractable from Endless and the trap door is askew and doesn’t seal. I didn’t bother dealing with it then and probably it could be fixed—by a better tinkerer than me. But maybe the lesson for me with both pens is to let someone experience the initial production run. 

I tend to agree. I like to tinker quite a bit but there is a line where frustration comes into play. I have found that line lol. This is the first pen I have purchased on a pre-order. I took a chance since they spent 2 years developing this pen. What I didn't factor in was the production being rushed due to the flood of pre-orders. I mean they delayed the shipping by a couple of weeks due to the 'stress' on the producers. That should have been my clue. That is when corners are cut.

Other than the issues I mentioned above,  it has been a reliable starter for the week I've had it.

the Danitrio Fellowship

My testing after six days of sitting, the nib is dry. That'a a pain as you can't just advance the converter to try and force more ink though the feed. On VP style pens normally all you are going to end up doing is dumping ink out the breather hole.