Eversharp Skyline - Observation and Question

NickJC

Hi All - 

Eversharp Skyline Standard and Demi - question and observation:

Observation (anecdotal?) - Upon re-saccing the pen and install a new teflon breather tube.  The tube I cut to almost the fell length of the sac.  When it was that long, it would not fill more than a few milliliters. No matter how many lever pulls and waiting between each - But,  when I re-cut the tube to half the length of the sac, or just a tad shorter - Up to seven good pulls and wait a few between each one up to five secs, the pen will fill to about .50-.75ML - I measured this in a sample vile

Question - the demi that I picked up for my daughter has a super flexi nib and she has a heavier hand - and it is not conducive to her writing style - I would be looking for a medium/firm nib for it.  I have found a seller that has some nibs, but different sized in MM - to that end what size nib in MM would a demi use?

Thanks for any help - !

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NickJC

• inkstainedruth

• Penguincollector

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to stop being lazy and use a search function more....

I don'tknow if this will answer all the questions but its a start: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/wahlnut/photo-5_zps04ca317e.jpg   "Demi"          Shank     Shoulder     Length                         .198"      .247"           .975"   Standard      Shank     Shoulder     Length                       .219"         .275"         1.06"   Executive     Shank     Shoulder     Length                        .221      .299"             1.20" 
https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/246279-skyline-nib-size-redux/?do=findComment&comment=2685498

Your best bet is to use the site specific search function on your preferred search engine. Using this site’s search function can sometimes cause a to go off line. 

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

Yeah, what Penguincollector said.  The search function on here has NEVER really worked all that well, and if I'm looking for a specific thread I often have to go scroll through recent-ish posts on the relevant sub-forum  to find it.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

34 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

Your best bet is to use the site specific search function on your preferred search engine. Using this site’s search function can sometimes cause a to go off line. 

30 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Yeah, what Penguincollector said.  The search function on here has NEVER really worked all that well, and if I'm looking for a specific thread I often have to go scroll through recent-ish posts on the relevant sub-forum  to find it.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Thank you both...I found that thread via Google search....  i found the local engine to be challenging