Waterman Gentleman

davisgt

I have a Waterman Gentleman.  It's a beautiful pen with a nice amount of weight,  but I rarely ink it. I don't know why. I love my Expert with the cursive italic nib. I often have one of my Exceptions or Carenes inked. I love the way they fit in my hand and they are so very pretty. I honestly don't know why I don't ink the Gentleman more often.  Do you have a pen like that?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jchch1950

• senzen

• davisgt

• I-am-not-really-here

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocking about 70 pens again, there are several I regularly think I should be using more. The older Gentleman (33, 44) unexpectedly became grail pens: great design, same great nib as the Man 100, they are a bit fragile and tend to dry out more quickly than I'd like.

You might want to try with another ink.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

On 9/4/2024 at 12:55 AM, senzen said:

The older Gentleman (33, 44) unexpectedly became grail pens: great design, same great nib as the Man 100, they are a bit fragile and tend to dry out more quickly than I'd like.

What are the weak points that make them fragile? Thanks for your comments.

12 hours ago, jchch1950 said:

What are the weak points that make them fragile? Thanks for your comments.

The section and its threads are made of fragile plastic, it's common to see cracks; made worse if they come with metal converters. The ring that holds the cap in place also wears out. 

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell