Blackbird Topfillers

Blackbird Topfillers. Finally have all 3 colors. Basically a Vacumatic with a section of sac under the blind cap.  The piece of sac is fitted around the spring seen in the photos, and secured at each end.  Model BT 200/60 for the black, BT 200/81 for the greener one, and BT 200/82 for the bluer one.

IMG_1650d.JPG

IMG_1648b.JPG

IMG_1651b.JPG

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greenie

• lionelc

• Schaumburg_Swan

• Mechanical

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

beautiful pens - to think they were considered 2nd tier in their time compared to the swans

On 9/2/2024 at 11:40 PM, Greenie said:

Blackbird Topfillers. Finally have all 3 colors.

These are lovely.  I've never held one, but they look nicely balanced.  The imprint on the pen in the middle is mint -- is this one actually new old stock?

Currently most used pen:  Parker 51 (F) - R&K Salix

1 hour ago, Mechanical said:

These are lovely.  I've never held one, but they look nicely balanced.  The imprint on the pen in the middle is mint -- is this one actually new old stock?

Hard to say if NOS. The clarity on that pen barrel is also magnificent.  It does not look like it was filled and left with ink to dry out inside of it. Certainly the best of the 3.  

5 hours ago, lionelc said:

beautiful pens - to think they were considered 2nd tier in their time compared to the swans

Sure, Blackbird was MT's 2nd brand, I've seen fantastic, but thinner nibs...

But what nice celluloid here, the dark one for me. 😉

@Greenie Those are beautiful pens!  I like the fact that the coloration of the celluloid is angled (I've seen very few pens that do that -- most are either concentric rings (like the Vacumatic Pearl colors, or the coloration runs along the length of the barrel (the Vac Shadow Waves and stuff like a lot of the Pelikan bindes).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A very nice set.

Any chance of some "Work in Progres" photos? I would welcome an insight into the servicing method.