Help Identifying Early Waterman

Lexan

Helping a friend clean out his parent's old home and we seem to have found his great-uncle's daily pens.  Unfortunately I can't seem to find this one in any of the references I've checked. The material is knurled metal.

Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone.

Unknown Waterman.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Lexan

• John T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Possibly a 402 in Barleycorn. Pictures of the end of the barrel, and the nib might be very helpful in further narrowing it down

• 2 weeks later...

Look real nice if you ran a sunshine silver polish cloth over it.

It is Not a fountain pen for Beginners....the nib is too soft and flexible letting it get bent by normal ball point pressure.

It is worth sending off to a pen repair man for a new rubber sac...not terrible expensive. And general check up.

You have a real jewel there, whom ever ends up with it should make a vow to learn to write with a cheaper ridged nib fountain pen, to start with....You don't want to bed and spring a great nib from back before TV.

There is hundreds of fine toned inks....and once you have started down that slippery slope, comes paper.

The nib and the ink dance the tango on the paper.......otherwise we'd not be here messing our heads over.

We all have our box of crayons; some jut 8, others 32, or even 64 different colors.

It is believe it or not fun....but you have been tortured with ball points which are and never have been fun.

Writing with out pain!!!:yikes: Writing for fun of playing with the crayon box!!:o

There are a lot of ways to write....a whole lot.....sigh cubed, some day I'll start....when I get done messing with my crayon box.

Don't Sell it.....you can always buy a case of beer, but not such a jewel.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.