New Pelikan M670 Warm Grey.

senzen

@Bo Bo: excuse the temporary hijack -- you mentioned above a Parker Duofold Jr. and I think that was what I had as my very first fountain pen at boarding school at age 8!  (Or was it perhaps a Slimfold?  What was the difference?  I think I had the Junior).

Sorry: back to matters Pelikan...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• encremental

• Lam1

• lamarax

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Christopher Godfrey said:

@Bo Bo: excuse the temporary hijack -- you mentioned above a Parker Duofold Jr. and I think that was what I had as my very first fountain pen at boarding school at age 8!  (Or was it perhaps a Slimfold?  What was the difference?  I think I had the Junior).

According to…

https://parkerpens.net/ukduofold.html

…the differences between the UK Duofold ‘Slimfold’ and the ‘Junior’ are in their sizes, and the numbers on their nibs:

Model                  Length(mm)    Girth (mm)    Number on nib

Duofold Junior        135                   12                          10

Slimfold                   125                   11                            5

Unless one has both pens side-by-side, I reckon that the easiest way to work out which one one has is the number stamped on the nib.

Slàinte,
M.

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

10 hours ago, Christopher Godfrey said:

excuse the temporary hijack

Of course, but I wander all over more than you by far....IMO with out little hijacks, this place would be short posted and boring.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

On 8/10/2024 at 3:16 PM, encremental said:

DilettanteG - not long to wait!

Classic 200 Golden Lapis - Passion (pelikan-passion.com)

John

image.png

OK now stop! Now I have to have this one! SO pretty!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, I do like the looks of this one. In the pictures the colour of the body looks pretty much like the M600 White Striped should have looked like according to the promotion pictures (a warm off-white like ivory instead of the cold, flat white which made me definitely NOT buy it). I also like the black trim and nib that make it look like a grown up Stormtrooper. 😊

I hope I will be able to see it in person some time soon. Until now, I have refrained from buying any white Pelikans, this one might be able to change my mind (if it looks like its promotion pictures, mind you).

This 200 is nice, and I too had worries about the white, section and cap, which as of yet is not a problem.6v0utmE.jpg

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I didn´t buy any of the white Pelikans simply because I don´t like their looks (almost made an exception for the M405 Silver White, but then went "Naaaah, I´ll pass" again). The cracking and discoloration reported by some people doesn´t help their cause, but my main objection really has to do with the combination of colours, lots of cold white and gold. Nope nope nope.

• 2 weeks later...

So... anybody got this? Supposedly it's come out by now (?)

No, apparently it hasn't yet 😑

Coming back to the comparison with the M100, the pen is like a stormtrooper dirty after the Battle of Endor.

Here mine bought on Saturday in Hannover during the TintenTurme event.

IMG_1845.thumb.jpeg.6819d92fd113b7c47f4bf3e4a8d1427b.jpeg
IMG_1844.thumb.jpeg.16a2077187db2c94f56ab708a09c504b.jpeg

I noted that respect to my last acquisitions the EF nib writes a little bit thicker, maybe this is due to the ruthenium plating that add thickness to the iridium point.

Alfredo