New Lamy studio pens in red!

cougarking

Email received from Truphae !

New Lamy Studios in Red- Looks good. didnt they do one years ago?

"

Hello pen friends!

We are thrilled to introduce the latest additions to our collection: the LAMY Studio in two stunning new colors—Piano Red and Royal Red. The LAMY Studio elegantly bridges the gap between design and art with its sleek, cylindrical form and minimalist aesthetic, a real testament to modern design.

The new Piano Red finish shines with a glossy, vibrant hue, perfectly complemented by a high-gloss chrome grip and clip that add a touch of brilliance to every stroke. On the other hand, the Royal Red offers a matte, refined elegance that embodies subtle sophistication.

Whether you prefer the classic feel of a fountain pen, the smooth glide of a rollerball, or the convenience of a ballpoint, the LAMY Studio has you covered. The Royal Red fountain pen is equipped with a stainless steel nib, while the Piano Red fountain pen features a luxurious 2-toned 14k gold nib, allowing you to choose the perfect writing experience.

Explore the new LAMY Studio colors and add a touch of artistic flair to your writing collection. Click the link below to shop now or visit us in-store to experience these beautiful pens in person.

Shop the LAMY Studio Piano Red and Royal Red Pens Here

Thank you for your continued support of our small business. We can't wait for you to discover the elegance of the new LAMY Studio colors.

Best regards,

Chris Henline "

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• cougarking

• inkstainedruth

• jungkind

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Royal Red was the 2012 special edition studio, but if this photo is any indication, this Royal Red Matte is a much deeper/darker red than that previous finish, which was more of a fire/orange red.

Wild Rubin was the 2014 special edition studio, which looks pretty similar to the Piano Red pictured here. More likely, however, this is a rebadging of the China Exclusive 2022 "Mythic Creatures" red, which was ever so slightly deeper/richer than Wild Rubin.

I picked up the Piano Red with a gold nib last month from the Endless Pens sale.  It was a fantastic deal for a gold-nibbed Studio.  At the time I was wondering if this was a re-release or a sell off of NOS.  The red Studios just showed up on Lamy’s site in the past couple of days so I guess it’s a new release.  I’m surprised they didn’t make a bigger deal about the color release (nothing in emails or IG).  The Studio in a vibrant, warm color has been long overdue.  The Piano Red one I received is a beautiful, ruby red gloss.  I’ve been very pleased with the purchase.  Writes like a dream.

IMG_7968.thumb.jpeg.62b38a0b251a7ff2a77ee6598d7627dd.jpeg

Stunning colours in very nice looking pens.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

1 hour ago, senzen said:

Stunning colours in very nice looking pens.

Indeed yes :thumbup:

Sadly (for me), the gold-nibbed one costs £215 here in Inglistan 😢

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

On 8/3/2024 at 7:34 PM, Mercian said:

Indeed yes :thumbup:

Sadly (for me), the gold-nibbed one costs £215 here in Inglistan 😢

yes this does seem high.

basic steel nib studio £70  gold nib can be had £90.00 ish.

so it’s a good mark up over the others, even piano black with “gold nib”

is only £180.00

• 2 weeks later...

Real pretty red pens.

I have a blue Studio and a discontinued Z55 nib with a breather hole, reputed to be a bit springier than the non-breather hole Z56/7.

That Z55 impressed the hell out of me on an Imperium...I didn't know it could fit other Lamy pens until years later.

The Z55  has find tine bend, and a very nice 2X tine spread. If it spread 3 X more than a light down stroke, it would have been semi-flex.

I got my studio for  €60 on a going out of business of a major department store, and €40 for a B...the M&F were some €60/70 for some odd reason.

I'm sure the Z56 would be worth while hunting on the net for...not for Gold, but for it's springiness......

I have enough semi and maxi-semi-flex steel vintage nibs to know tat gold is better is just a myth. Often a gold nib can match a steel one, if you have the right brand in the right era.

I read lots of times of the flaking off of the black on the any coated nib, so had no second thoughts of getting a Z57.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I just looked up the technical specs on the Studios.  And they're about my limit weight-wise.  I like the look of the Piano Red (the bright red with the shiny finish) but can't figure out how they're justifying the price of that model/color over the standard/matte colors of Studios (something like $100 US MORE :o).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

It seems the difference is the gold nib versus the steel one. ...but if it justifies the difference is another question.

Oh I hadn't noticed that the Piano Red had a gold nib by default.  That does explain a lot about the price.  

But honestly, all my Safaris & al-Stars, and the one LX, have steel nibs (or the black nibs) and they write just fine, with the exception of the Aquatic al-Star (and I don't know if it's the nib or the Pink Cliff ink which was the problem).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Just to clarify.  The Lamy Z55 nib is still available.  I bought several from Endless Pens during their July sale, along with one of the red studios.

Great, I was told they were discontinued, so, perhaps you got lucky with back stock.

My Z55 B is a bit fat, perhaps a M would do better. When I came back to fountain pens after 40 years in the ball point desert, I went wide, getting F's only to hold a model place...I never did get around to getting rid of them, but have come to like M quite a lot.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.