Reporting positive experience with Tokyo Pen Shop Quill

Echolane

I just want to report a positive experience with a Japanese vendor.  I wanted to buy a Pilot Custom 845 Urushi in Vermillion and I got very reassuring advice from a fellow member of this forum that Tokyo Pen Shop Quill was an honest dealer to do business with.  I agree!  I can give a very positive recommendation as my purchase went through with courtesy and timeliness and I am completely satisfied.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedadventure

• Echolane

• jmccarty3

• Mechanical

I had a similar positive experience with this vendor when purchasing the same pen several years ago.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I can also report a positive experience from an eBay seller known as “engeika”, who was extra helpful when I was looking for a Pilot 843.  His listing was for a Medium.  I wanted a Broad.  He found one for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Back before the world went crazy, I was able to purchase a Pilot Custom 823 with an FA nib from the Tokyo Pen Quill Shop. The owner was more than courteous and very helpful. When I return to Japan later this year for TIPS, I plan on visiting his establishment.

5 hours ago, inkstainedadventure said:

Back before the world went crazy, I was able to purchase a Pilot Custom 823 with an FA nib from the Tokyo Pen Quill Shop. The owner was more than courteous and very helpful. When I return to Japan later this year for TIPS, I plan on visiting his establishment.

I feel so envious that you are going to Japan.  Wish I could visit Japan once in my life, but I’m 85 and it just isn’t going to happen.  I hope the Tokyo Pen Quil Shop is fun to visit.  I have their catalog and it seems like quite a small shop.  I hope you have more than one shop lined up to visit,  Please tell us all about it when you return.

On 8/16/2024 at 3:19 AM, Echolane said:

I feel so envious that you are going to Japan.  Wish I could visit Japan once in my life, but I’m 85 and it just isn’t going to happen.  I hope the Tokyo Pen Quil Shop is fun to visit.  I have their catalog and it seems like quite a small shop.  I hope you have more than one shop lined up to visit,  Please tell us all about it when you return.

I wish with all hope that you get to go to Japan. It is quite the experience. I have a lot of shops lined up from the Tokyo Pen Quill shop, Itoya, Nagasawa, Marusen in Ginza to a few mom and pop stores along the way. I plan on loading up on my stock of Japanese paper and add a few pens, hopefully, to the list. I am highly anticipating the pen show. I may need to leave my cards at the hotel...lol

17 minutes ago, inkstainedadventure said:

I plan on loading up on my stock of Japanese paper and add a few pens, hopefully, to the list. I am highly anticipating the pen show.

Ho ho!  Please brag about your haul when you come back -- and include lots of photos! 

Currently most used pen: Eboya Houju Medium size with Bock 14K <F> nib -- Pilot Blue Black Ink

7 minutes ago, Mechanical said:

Ho ho!  Please brag about your haul when you come back -- and include lots of photos! 

I shall do so.