What is the normal price of carene?

niuben

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently interested in the Waterman Carene fountain pen and would like to inquire about its regular pricing in your respective countries. In China, it is priced at ¥3500(about $483). Could you please let me know the official retail price in your country and any price you might have purchased it for? Your insights would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• niuben

• senzen

• lionelc

• JWG J

Not sure if normal but for a long time it was $160 new in the US for the Black Seas; it also depends on which finish, ornate caps and special lacquers cost more; as well as taxes, import duties and store mark up.

Inlaid nibs, so not an easy second hand purchase with all those maniacs insisting on flexing nibs.

$483 is more in line with the Edson.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

13 hours ago, senzen said:

Not sure if normal but for a long time it was $160 new in the US for the Black Seas; it also depends on which finish, ornate caps and special lacquers cost more; as well as taxes, import duties and store mark up.

Inlaid nibs, so not an easy second hand purchase with all those maniacs insisting on flexing nibs.

$483 is more in line with the Edson.

Thank you very much for the translation request and for sharing this information about fountain pen pricing.

By the way, I found a second-hand one for $124. It's a used one, but it looks like it's in nice condition. This seems like a good deal, especially considering the prices we were discussing earlier.❤️

11 hours ago, niuben said:

Thank you very much for the translation request and for sharing this information about fountain pen pricing.

By the way, I found a second-hand one for $124. It's a used one, but it looks like it's in nice condition. This seems like a good deal, especially considering the prices we were discussing earlier.❤️

Decent price, I got my one used frosty brown Carène for $135 + S&T; just take a very close look at the nib.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

$296 australian dollars on amazon - ie 193 usd

• 2 weeks later...

Today, I purchased a Carène Black Sea GT fountain pen from a private individual on a marketing site for 50 euro, with a case. Only had to adjust the tines a bit, now writes perfectly and is in a very good condition...

14 hours ago, JWG J said:

Today, I purchased a Carène Black Sea GT fountain pen from a private individual on a marketing site for 50 euro, with a case. Only had to adjust the tines a bit, now writes perfectly and is in a very good condition...

nice to hear it. Congratulations

On 8/10/2024 at 10:15 AM, JWG J said:

That’s a great value!  I really enjoy my Carène, I have the Marine Amber in a fine nib.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on the second hand market, which I took to mean that people tend to keep theirs once they have them.  Also there may not be all that many out there to begin with…

12 minutes ago, antares1966 said:

That’s a great value!  I really enjoy my Carène, I have the Marine Amber in a fine nib.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on the second hand market, which I took to mean that people tend to keep theirs once they have them.  Also there may not be all that many out there to begin with…

The Marine Amber is still in current production along with a few other color choices - https://www.waterman.com/carene-pens.html