ISO a gorgeous bold sheeny ink

Lachryma

I am CrAzY about Diamine's Jack Frost.  I'm crazy about the properties, though, much more than the color -- I like the color.  I LOVE the properties.

The Blue (ish) color is really bold and so is the red sheen.  The sheen is all over that blue (as opposed to just along the edges or only where it puddles) and one or the other is more obvious depending on viewing angle.  That's what I'm looking for.  I want an ink like that in any color but that is bold in both the ink color, the sheen color, and has that depends-on-how-you-look-at-it quality.

Ideas?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lachryma

• A Smug Dill

• LizEF

• Penguincollector

Top Posters In This Topic

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

You could also look through Mountain of Ink's sheening inks category.

Or you could google "super sheening fountain pen inks".  Organics Studio has a lot of them.

All responses to letters will be delayed. Today, hopefully, I'll be starting the final book of Robin Hobb's liveship trilogy and anticipate I will be unable to do anything but read (and do ink reviews) until I'm done. ;)

Birmingham Ink’s Tesla Coil is a favorite, as are Ostrich Ink’s Sheen inks, Glen the Sea and Lake Baikal. Pen Savings sells the Ostrich Inks in the US. The new Lamy Dark Lilac is really pretty.

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Parker Falcon, Oblation Portland Rain

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

I'll toss out Organics Studio Henry David Thoreau series, Walden Pond ink.  Dark teal with a ton of magenta/violet sheen, very saturated.  Drying time is really long though.