Kuretake no. 40/50 refilling question

I've had my no.50 for a couple months now, love it, and have just used up the three ink cartridges it came with.

I have a tiny syringe to refill the native ink cartridges using Noodler's Black, but the ink always runneths over, and I can't seem to fully fill the cartridge! 

In my frustration, I bought the appropriate platinum converter, but the Kuretake only seems to give out a dilute, grey. wash-like line when using it. Is there something I'm missing here?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• j.aimi

• Jwada1138

• jhcore

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you mean the "ink runneths over"?  Do you mean the ink spills out of the cartridge? I would suggest making sure the cartridge is totally clean, then filling it from the very bottom. 

And the kuretake, and every brush pen I've used, never dispenses ink (other than the ink that comes with it) as black, its always kinda diluted. 

I should also add, that noodlers ink ruined 2 of my brush pens. That ink seems to get especially clogged in the pens feed, which might also be part of why it comes out as dilute. 

• 3 weeks later...

I saw David Pentecost Comic Book Art on Youtube us a Platinum converter to fill the Kuretake #13 with Dr. Ph. Martin's BLACK START matte ink. In the video, it didn't look to bad, so that video might be worth checking out (link below). Not sure how grey you are talking, but if the video looks good, this ink might be a consideration. 

https://youtu.be/9n_g9tGcPhE?si=Xbwh72I