Vacuum Filler

jchch1950

One of the most known comments about some Chinese pens is that they are or were copies of the Parker 51. One question is if the Wing Sung 601 A with a Vaccum pump can be a donator pen to repair the Parker Vacumatic filler. The price of the wing Sung for a complete pen is quite competitive and if you can screw the pump in the Parker it will be a cheap way to repair the Vac.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VacNut

• jchch1950

• FarmBoy

• Checklist

I don’t think the threads are correct. Replacement vac fillers are readily available 

And relatively inexpensive.  You'd hate to ruin a Vacumatic trying to save a few dollars. 

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes
"Modern Life®️? It’s rubbish! 🙄" - Mercian

VacNut and Checklist: Thank you for your comments. You are right now I will look to the original part as I already have the tool to repair.

The plastic vac fillers can be $15 + postage if you buy in bulk. You may as well also buy the diaphragms.

9 hours ago, VacNut said:

The plastic vac fillers can be $15 + postage if you buy in bulk. You may as well also buy the diaphragms.

Where?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

10 hours ago, VacNut said:

he plastic vac fillers can be $15 + postage if you buy in bulk. You may as well also buy the diaphragms.

I'd love to find them at that price.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

I purchased 10 plastic filler for $115 on an auction site. $133 with tax and postage. They were not NOS and without the diaphragms, but fully functional. There are many parts available this year from retiring collectors. Plastic fillers are much more common than the aluminum fillers. Add another $5 for the diaphragms.

Granted, there aren’t many people who need 10 plastic vac fillers in a year.