Review- Hongdian S24 Yinglong (Silver Dragon)

Shanghai Knife Dude

Hello Comrade, 

Pro: 

• I paid CNY 1300 (USD 179 as of the day of posting). USD 180 for a 14K + mostly 925 silver pen, there is no second option available. 
  • S2, new Hongdian feed, capable of Low Ink Refill. I just can't stress the importance of this charming feature any more. If by now you still have not being aware of this feature, looked into my older videos. Any reasonable price fountain pen manufactured in the planet Earth 2024 onwards, should by law to be equipped with feature. 
  • 35g writing weight, well balanced, comfort in writing.

Con:

• tone difference between cap and barrel, as picture shown. Under real eye sights, the difference is not that prominent (human eye color white balance auto adjustment).
  • nib tip final finishing - below the standard of steel nib from the same maker. But the writing experience is superb.
  • 925 silver delivers zero benefit to a writing instrument in term of its fundamental function as a piece of writing instrument.  
  • a small number of production under 300 pieces, although it is not intended to be a limited edition, it is literally rarer than any limited production out there claiming of 888 pieces. In other words, most people will be unable to get hold of it. It is uncommon, it is exquisite and bourgeoises. It is not a pen of people. I do not like that. 

More pictures there: https://shanghaiknifedude.blogspot.com/2024/07/review-hongdian-s24-yinglong-silver.html

spacer.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shanghai Knife Dude

• mke

• jchch1950

The small number of pens produced will make them very hard to source, especially at the bargain price mentioned. Polishing the silver it will be possible to have one unique tone? Thanks for the review.

On 7/20/2024 at 4:42 PM, jchch1950 said:

The small number of pens produced will make them very hard to source, especially at the bargain price mentioned. Polishing the silver it will be possible to have one unique tone? Thanks for the review.

Because cap, barrel were made in different time, thus they suffers from different level of oxidation. Over a course of plenty time, both of them will with same tone. 

7 minutes ago, Shanghai Knife Dude said:

only in F.

good! Will not spend money.

No, actually, not good. I have a gold Hongdian F, it is nice but too broad for me.

Thank you @Shanghai Knife Dude