Lamy Safari new edition.

jchch1950

There is a new edition of Lamy Safari. This one is made for Itoya Japan and the name is Copper 02. The special editions for Japan this year are 2 at least and four for the general market making a provisional total of six. How many more to come?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jchch1950

• ErrantSmudge

• Astronymus

• mixink

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is actually a good looking pen.

I won't buy any more of the matte Safaris because there isn't enough traction for my fingers. I prefer the shiny for writing, but the matte for looks. 

Funny, I prefer matte ones for better traction. But then I have quite dry hands. That might make the difference for people.

Nice.

spacer.png

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

1 hour ago, senzen said:

Nice.

spacer.png

Tempting!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I saw these photos on Facebook (where I stole them from).  It looks like yet another limited edition Safari pair for 2024.  The captions say availability in August.

Why is Lamy releasing so many limited editions of the Safari now?

451542603_8093675290655805_3870769911340086730_n.jpg.d5c9f3c518e3bc74c15a76731406ff71.jpg

451440367_8093675310655803_7875367598782615807_n.thumb.jpg.b406c7a471e3df016b81f14e02ed2c17.jpg451370517_8093675437322457_827961829467506271_n.thumb.jpg.5154fce75f0e317232b9b734b35d6b39.jpg

On 7/16/2024 at 5:05 PM, ErrantSmudge said:

Why not?

Having choices is good. 

2 hours ago, Glenn-SC said:

Why not?

Having choices is good. 

I'm not saying it's a bad thing.  The three sets of special edition Safaris (so far) this year all cater to a different set of tastes, and that's a good thing.  Rather, I'm wondering what is behind this change in strategy at Lamy.

• 1 month later...

It definitely has. Ususaly colors with "steel" in the name have hues of blue in general.

I'd have to see the Steel Black in person.  The Scarlet?  Ehhhhh.  Looks brown to me....

I am a bit tempted by the Copper 02, but don't know how hard it would be to get outside of Japan.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

26 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

I'd have to see the Steel Black in person.  The Scarlet?  Ehhhhh.  Looks brown to me....

I am a bit tempted by the Copper 02, but don't know how hard it would be to get outside of Japan.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I hope to color is similar to Copper 02. Looks slightly darker though

I would really like to see that ‘Scarlet’ (aka “matt dark red”) Safari.
But I cannot find any mention of it on Lamy’s website, or those of UK stockists of Lamy pens 🤷‍♂️

Can anyone provide a link to any website that is selling it?

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

7 hours ago, Mercian said:

I would really like to see that ‘Scarlet’ (aka “matt dark red”) Safari.
But I cannot find any mention of it on Lamy’s website, or those of UK stockists of Lamy pens 🤷‍♂️

Can anyone provide a link to any website that is selling it?

=1.

On 7/16/2024 at 4:05 PM, ErrantSmudge said:

It is a school pen, September is back to school time, for most of the northern hemisphere students.

Gen Y & Z, even some Gen X love old fashioned items, fountain pens are part of this trend.

Two big trends, this time among retired late Boomers, are memoirs workshops at local libraries and snails to friends met during high school or college years, who have moved to retirements areas, too far in the same country to visit regularly, even in another country to be with their grand-children.

Safaris & Al-Stars are entry level fountain pens in many countries, sold in blister packs in the regular colors, in some countries.

In contrast, the U.S and Japan seem to love LE's and they sell well, so why not use the already available plastic molding equipment, Pantone Color swatches and produce as much as possible color variations.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?