Cross rollerball refills and poor customer service (UK)

mercurius

Bought a couple of black 0.7mm rollerball refills from Amazon (from the Cross Shop). Within a couple of weeks the first refill was leaking ink from the end opposite the nib, so I contacted Cross customer services and was told they couldn't do anything as they don't ship to the UK and to go back to Amazon. Wen I tried to report it to Amazon as a product fault, it tells me to contact the manufacturer (ie Cross). 

This is the second time I have had problems with leaking Cross rollerball refills. The first time I thought it was just bad luck.

Anyone else had this problem? Any advice on how to get Cross to take ownership for selling a defective product?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mercurius

• cherylmarie

• Mark from Yorkshire

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a pack of two rollerball refills just last week, in the United State.  Neither wrote smoothly, they skipped like very old refills.  I tried to go through the Amazon return procedure and the system told me that it wasn't a returnable item and to talk to Cross.  I thought that was ridiculous so I called Amazon support and jumped through their hoops until i was connected to a human being.  He promptly refunded the purchase for me.  Very frustrating!  The date on the package was 2019, I'm not sure if that's a manufacture date.

3 hours ago, cherylmarie said:

I bought a pack of two rollerball refills just last week, in the United State.  Neither wrote smoothly, they skipped like very old refills.  I tried to go through the Amazon return procedure and the system told me that it wasn't a returnable item and to talk to Cross.  I thought that was ridiculous so I called Amazon support and jumped through their hoops until i was connected to a human being.  He promptly refunded the purchase for me.  Very frustrating!  The date on the package was 2019, I'm not sure if that's a manufacture date.

It's very frustrating! I didn't want a refund, just a refill that worked and didn't cover my fingers in ink.

4 minutes ago, mercurius said:

It's very frustrating! I didn't want a refund, just a refill that worked and didn't cover my fingers in ink.

@mercurius try cultpens.com they have a wide variety of pens and refills and excellent customer service. I would not touch cross pens UK arm with a proverbial barge pole. Their website is always short of stock.

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png