Esterbrook Deluxe L.E.

Kloz

I found a Esterbrook Deluxe L.E. For Sale on eBay. It’s a beautiful blue and silver. I can’t find any information about it.  Does anyone know what these pens are?

IMG_2328.jpeg

IMG_2329.jpeg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kloz

• P.D.Peterson

• inkstainedruth

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At a quick guess, I'd say it's a modern "reboot" Estie (someone resurrected the brand a few years ago after buying the name).  Unfortunately, I know nothing about the new company or the models.  But since the sticker in the photos is for Fahrney's Pens, you might be able to find the pen on their website, or contact them directly.  Otherwise, contact the (new) Esterbrook company, since their website and contact info is also showing.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I found a thread on these pens.  No one had anything good to say about them.  BUT no one said that they tried one ether.  I still think it's a nice-looking pen even if it's not really the same quality as the original Esterbrook's.

4 hours ago, Kloz said:

I found a thread on these pens.  No one had anything good to say about them.  BUT no one said that they tried one ether.  I still think it's a nice-looking pen even if it's not really the same quality as the original Esterbrook's.

Maybe the Kenro Industries model?   Possibly before them.   They were Esterbrook in name only, like other brands that have been bought and "resurrected".   The newer Esterbrook pens make an homage to the past, and I love the MV section that allows me to use all my old nibs.

I’m not allowed to comment on the reboot pens from before Kenro was involved.   I can say some of them had really nice boxes. 

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

7 hours ago, gweimer1 said:

I love the MV section that allows me to use all my old nibs.

I was never able to get this to consistently work. Invariably, I would write the nib dry and then it wouldn’t get going again without a shake. 

19 hours ago, FarmBoy said:

I’m not allowed to comment on the reboot pens from before Kenro was involved.   I can say some of them had really nice boxes. 

:lol:

I see what you did there!

Yeah, I also remember the review video on the Anderson Pens website when those first came out....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hello all. I ended up being the winner of this pen on eBay. It’s definitely a unique pen with a lot of love it or hate it aspects. I’m a huge Esterbrook fan and just had to have it. It took some decent pressure to actually get the thing to write. But I had my good friend, who is a budding nibmeister, do some quick work on it and now it writes beautifully and flawlessly.

Congratulations on getting MY pen.  Just kidding.  I really do like the way it looks!  The blue and silver is a verry clean look.  I only bid up to $25.  I will keep my eye out for another one but I'm not going to pay big money for one

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 7:48 AM, Kloz said:

Congratulations on getting MY pen.  Just kidding.  I really do like the way it looks!  The blue and silver is a verry clean look.  I only bid up to $25.  I will keep my eye out for another one but I'm not going to pay big money for one

Haha, sorry. 😅 I was willing to pay up to $120 for it. In my opinion, it may be hard finding another one since there are only 450 of them in total out there and originally sold for ~$250. It is a really beautiful pen. If you find another one, be willing to spend premium prices on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mann now your just being mean.  No, I'm just kidding.  Thank you for the video.  It really is beautiful.  And I'm glad it went to a good home.  I forget how much did you pay for it?

• 1 month later...

The pen has some similarities with some of the Grifos pens. Grifos is an Italian company with some nice designs in different materials, including sterling silver.

On 8/7/2024 at 6:46 AM, Kloz said:

Mann now your just being mean.  No, I'm just kidding.  Thank you for the video.  It really is beautiful.  And I'm glad it went to a good home.  I forget how much did you pay for it?

I believe I won it for $60 something before tax and shipping.