Good blue and green highlighter inks?

lectraplayer

I'm looking for a couple good green and blue highlighter inks to use with a couple, what I call "study pens," which are writing pens on one end, and highlighters on the other. I also do some UV reactive art, so I'm wanting both colors to fluoresce. I have found red/pink, orange, and yellow inks with Noodler's Dragon Catfish inks, and Firefly. Lightning Blue has also been getting hard to round up. Any suggestions on bright blue or green inks?

If it isn't too bright for you, it isn't bright enough for me.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lectraplayer

• HalloweenHJB

• OCArt

• Penguincollector

Pelikan’s 4001 line has highlighter inks. You can find them on Amazon.  Herbin has Vert Pre, a bright green. I think Platinum also makes highlighter fountain pen ink. 

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Parker Falcon, Oblation Portland Rain

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

The Pelikan yellow highlighter ink was too blanc flor my taste. Noodlers makes some highlighter inks that you might look at.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Just FYI: Pelikan higher inks are called their "Duo" line, if it hasn't changed. It's just yellow and green, which came with the matching highlighter M200s at one point. I think only the yellow is still being produced today. I've got the M200 Duo yellow and the Green, but with Pelikan's MC110 pen's 2mm Italic nibs to make them suit my highlighting style. (Easy swap as those nibs are compatible.) Solid pens.

Noodler's Firefly is their fluorescent yellow highlighter ink. There was a whole line of different highlighter colors in the same line. I don't know if he is still producing them, but I thought Firefly was by far the best and brightest. The eyedropper bottle works well with the Preppie highlighter pens. You can also add the invisible Noodler's Blue Ghost ink to make his other inks fluoresce.

I like Noodler's Lightning Blue highlighter ink for blue.  

Not the color family that the OP was asking about, but I also like Noodlre's Dragon Catfish Pink and Noodler's Georgia Peach.  

I have a sample of Noodler's Dragon Catfish Green, but don't remember what I thought of it.... 

Mind you, I used those in cheapie Kuratake brush pens that came as freebies with 4 oz. bottles of Noodler's ink, back before Noodler's started making the Charlie eyedropper pens.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Octopus Fluids makes highlighter ink in 6 colors [1], including a green, but no blue.

[1] https://www.octopus-fluids.de/en/writing-ink-fountain-pen-inks/neon-highlighter-inks

I use their orange [2] in a brush pen [3], which works well enough for my purposes.

[2] https://www.octopus-office.de/shop/en/creative-inks/fountain-pen-ink-writing-ink/highlighter-neon-inks/7761/highlighter-ink-for-fountain-pens-fluorescent-neon-orange-30-ml

[3] https://www.jetpens.com/Kuretake-No.-13-Fountain-Brush-Pen-Red-Body/pd/2661

For occasional blue highlighting I use Herbin Diablo Menthe [4], though the result is more like a mildliner [5] than a highlighter as this is not a florescent ink.

[4] https://mountainofink.com/blog/j-herbin-diabolo-menthe

[5] https://www.jetpens.com/Zebra-Mildliner-Double-Sided-Highlighter-Fine-Bold-Mild-Blue-Green/pd/12730

• 3 weeks later...

The Dragon Catfish Green is BRIGHT.  Bungbox / Sailor made a highlighter green ink.  

On 6/11/2024 at 12:41 PM, DilettanteG said:

You can also add the invisible Noodler's Blue Ghost ink to make his other inks fluoresce.

This isn't a perfect solution, but it works more often then you might think.  NBG makes other inks more water resistant and I really love it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

18 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

The Dragon Catfish Green is BRIGHT.  Bungbox / Sailor made a highlighter green ink.  

This isn't a perfect solution, but it works more often then you might think.  NBG makes other inks more water resistant and I really love it.

For a green, I'd go with Herbin's Vert Olive, and for Blue, Herbin's Azure.  

Private Reserve also has a collection of neon inks, that as far as I can tell haven't received too much attention. The lineup includes a green and a blue. I haven't tried them myself, just wanted to mention them here.

https://www.penchalet.com/ink_refills/fountain_pen_ink/private_reserve_neon_collection_fountain_pen_ink.html

On 7/6/2024 at 12:00 PM, ErrantSmudge said:

Private Reserve also has a collection of neon inks, that as far as I can tell haven't received too much attention. The lineup includes a green and a blue. I haven't tried them myself, just wanted to mention them here.

I jumped in and tried the neon blue. It's a very true cyan color, but it's too dark to work well as highlighting. But the yellow just may be a better option...  ??

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2024 at 4:20 PM, HalloweenHJB said:

I jumped in and tried the neon blue. It's a very true cyan color, but it's too dark to work well as highlighting. But the yellow just may be a better option...  ??

That said, for highlighting purposes, it probably could be broken with water to get the right shade. ...though that's actually sorta what I'm looking for as well.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, I'm getting a lot of suggestions that nobody seems to carry, whether scanning through Amazon, Goulet, JetPens, etc, or just running a DuckDuckGo search. Dragon Catfish Green is one, and Lightning Blue has been becoming rarer. Am I looking in the wrong places?

...though I have yet to try Pen Chalet. How good are they?