Kaweco Paradise Blue (cartridge)

yazeh

Kaweco Paradise Blue (cartridge)

This a happy turquoise/light teal. It doesn’t like copy paper, it's difficult to scan, dry times are on the longer side and the ink is water resistant. 

I enjoyed it most with F European nibs upwards.

I tried to emulate an UEF nib by reverse writing, to give you an idea of the finest line. Kaweco nibs are not made for reverse writing. :) 

Chroma:

large.Chroma-KawecoParadiseBlue.jpeg.6408a90a9c35f7aab177fbf88243a0fb.jpeg

Writing Samples:

I tried to emulate an UEF nib by reverse writing, to give you an idea of the finest line. The combination of Kaweco nib/ ink wasn't  suitable for reverse writing ;) 

large.Rhodia-ParadiseBlue.jpeg.0119f67232339de3c397620a85724c4e.jpeglarge.MidoriKawecoParadiseBlue.jpeg.347c41e9149f6c7aee06f6c4db09384c.jpeg

This is Tomoe River Paper, I wrote Midori by mistake. 

large.Tr68gr-KawecoParadiseBlue.jpeg.0c28559a0f9f4f63ca312656c80c760f.jpeglarge.Hammermill-KawecoParadiseBlue.jpg.af203a63564f35f5c976f49c12368788.jpg

Photo:

This is closest to the colour I see :) 

Tomoe River Paper

large.KawecoParadiseBLue-TR68gr.jpg.c573b88f5869053160fc2098b216c703.jpg

Midori

large.20240604_070341.jpg.ce72eecea2f6f1b8e78c32075a71e0c5.jpg

Comparison:

large.Comparison-KawecoPB.jpeg.762bb19e52bc9f5532cfbf3c2dc48e4a.jpeg

Water test:

Quite good, (after 10s under running water) :)

large.Watertest-ParadiseBlue.jpeg.5a5cad0793e5225b37cf0abd68da857a.jpeg

Artwork:

It took me sometime to figure this one out, Paradise

Kaweco Paradise Blue, Noodler's Lexington Grey and a touch of bleach (for the halo)

You know an ink is water resistant when you using the water brush the ink doesn't budge. Granted this is a Fabriano sketching paper not suited for ink work (absorbent, hence the crinkles in the paper)

paradise_by_yazeh1_dhipt0g-414w-2x.jpg?t

·      Pens used: Kaweco  (EF/F -  Reverse) /M/B, BB), Kanwrite Desire with an Ahab semi-flex nib. 

·      What I liked: Colour. It made me happy. The price ;) 

·      What I did not like: Nothing much. 

·       What some might not like: It doesn’t like copy paper. 

·      Shading: There is some. 

·      Ghosting: Yes, on cheap paper from European fine above. 

·      Bleed through: Yes, on cheap paper.

·      Flow Rate: Wet

·      Lubrication: Nice. Though with European Ef it was slightly below average. 

·      Nib Dry-out: Did not notice. 

·      Start-up:  Ok

·      Saturation:  Pastel

·      Shading Potential: It’s there. 

·      Sheen: No. 

·      Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Did not notice. 

·      Nib Creep / “Crud”: Did not notice.

·      Staining (pen): No. 

·      Clogging: Did not notice.

·      Cleaning: Easy

·      Water resistance:  surprisingly good. 

·      Availability: 50 ml bottles, 30 ml (discontinued), cartridges. 

Please don't hesitate to share your experience, writing samples or any other comments. The more the merrier  :)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yazeh

• LizEF

• InesF

• Sailor Kenshin

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review, @yazeh!  A good color for late spring / early summer. :)   I agree on Kaweco nibs - I only have one, but it's very fine and pretty dry - not a good candidate for reverse writing.  I like the ink from your flex nib and on white paper. :)  Cream paper makes it too green for me.

Love the winged kitty. ;) :D (And return of samurai kitty in the swatch comparisons.  Oh, and beach kitty - not sure I've see that one before! :lol:)  Absolutely love the artwork.  Makhabesh probably flew over the gates of heaven rather than risk getting stopped on his way through. :lticaptd:  (Or are those just winged angel-kitties? ;) )  Either way, great stuff.

2 hours ago, LizEF said:

Great review, @yazeh!  A good color for late spring / early summer. :)  

😊

2 hours ago, LizEF said:

I agree on Kaweco nibs - I only have one, but it's very fine and pretty dry - not a good candidate for reverse writing. 

It was difficult even with the B/BB 😊

2 hours ago, LizEF said:

I like the ink from your flex nib and on white paper. :)  Cream paper makes it too green for me.

Yep. I'll check and see if on Cream is really green or did the scanner messed it up. The flex is Kanwrite with an Ahab nib 🙏

2 hours ago, LizEF said:

Love the winged kitty. ;) :D (And return of samurai kitty in the swatch comparisons.  Oh, and beach kitty - not sure I've see that one before! :lol:

That was the original idea for the sketch. bmBut I couldn't figure out some of the details so I wnt with a more obvious one. Like a sneaky cat going to mice paradise 😂

2 hours ago, LizEF said:

Absolutely love the artwork.  Makhabesh probably flew over the gates of heaven rather than risk getting stopped on his way through. :lticaptd: 

Or he might have started an argument with the gatekeeper, making him/her to descend you nowhere  :lticaptd:

2 hours ago, LizEF said:

(Or are those just winged angel-kitties? ;) )  Either way, great stuff.

Yep. Kaweco paradise/ angel 😊

Thank you, @yazeh, for reviewing this Kaweco Turquoise ink and, especially, for your always so entertaining artwork! :thumbup:

Do I guess right, mouse is not so much amused about having cat appearing in "it's" paradise? :lol: I interpret mouses facial expression as "praying to not having cat here forever". :) 

Remembering the special effort with protecting kitty from excessive amounts of water, I can understand and accept that it was time to expose kitty again. :) As summer- and paradise flavoured this ink is, nothing bad can happen when getting a bit wet! :thumbup:

I'm a bit surprised reading about a sub-optimal performance of this ink on copy paper. However, I've only tested two Kaweco inks so far (blue and orange), both behaving fine.

Looking forward to new reviews and to new interpretations of the special relation between cat and mouse! 👌👍

One life!

4 hours ago, InesF said:

Thank you, @yazeh, for reviewing this Kaweco Turquoise ink and, especially, for your always so entertaining artwork! :thumbup:

🙏 :blush:

4 hours ago, InesF said:

Do I guess right, mouse is not so much amused about having cat appearing in "it's" paradise? :lol: I interpret mouses facial expression as "praying to not having cat here forever". :) 

Well, if it's cat heaven, then there's no chance, however if it's mouse heaven, and the cat's going there, then it's cat hell :lticaptd:

4 hours ago, InesF said:

Remembering the special effort with protecting kitty from excessive amounts of water, I can understand and accept that it was time to expose kitty again. :) As summer- and paradise flavoured this ink is, nothing bad can happen when getting a bit wet! :thumbup:

:D 

4 hours ago, InesF said:

I'm a bit surprised reading about a sub-optimal performance of this ink on copy paper. However, I've only tested two Kaweco inks so far (blue and orange), both behaving fine.

In my experience, with non-permanent inks a lot of them (Herbin for ex) don't like copy paper :)

4 hours ago, InesF said:

Looking forward to new reviews and to new interpretations of the special relation between cat and mouse! 👌👍

Hope so too :) 🙏

Happy indeed is this color, @yazeh.  Perfect for spring/summer....it reminds me of swimming pool liners.  

Love the sketch!  Paradise for Mousie and Kitteh.  Maybe they will both go swimming later.  

I have some Kaweco pens, with nibs ranging from medium to a 1.9 Perkeo.  They would show off a color like this!

Thanks so much for your ink-splorations.  I always look forward to them!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

13 hours ago, LizEF said:

Cream paper makes it too green for me.

I uploaded a photo of Midori, yep. Turquoise on cream is not a dream :)

1 hour ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

Happy indeed is this color, @yazeh.  Perfect for spring/summer....it reminds me of swimming pool liners.  

Yep or images of Caribbean waters :)

Love the sketch!  Paradise for Mousie and Kitteh.  Maybe they will both go swimming later.  

Who knows :D

I have some Kaweco pens, with nibs ranging from medium to a 1.9 Perkeo.  They would show off a color like this!

Oh they would !

Thanks so much for your ink-splorations.  I always look forward to them!

Thanks you!

18 minutes ago, yazeh said:

I uploaded a photo of Midori, yep. Turquoise on cream is not a dream :)

:lol:  (Unless you prefer the really strong green lean, I suppose.)

5 hours ago, LizEF said:

:lol:  (Unless you prefer the really strong green lean, I suppose.)

:D

19 hours ago, yazeh said:

In my experience, with non-permanent inks a lot of them (Herbin for ex) don't like copy paper :)

Today's copy paper that is absolutely correct.

I did an ethology study with my first Lamy fountain pen its converter loaded with Waterman Serenity Blue and dot matrix printer paper, they  worked together like a charm.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

21 hours ago, yazeh said:

Well, if it's cat heaven, then there's no chance, however if it's mouse heaven, and the cat's going there, then it's cat hell :lticaptd:

+1 👍

... I imagine daily rain in cats hell ... :lol:

One life!

2 hours ago, InesF said:

+1 👍

... I imagine daily rain in cats hell ... :lol:

:lticaptd:

4 hours ago, Anne-Sophie said:

Today's copy paper that is absolutely correct.

I did an ethology study with my first Lamy fountain pen its converter loaded with Waterman Serenity Blue and dot matrix printer paper, they  worked together like a charm.

Thanks for sharing. 🙏If I were to work with fountain pen ink and today's cheap ultra thin copy paper, I would use  only IG ink :)