Pelikan M800 Ocean Blue Demonstrator Limited edition

sunsmidhi

I want to know from the fellow mates whether is there any value associated with my Pelikan M 800 ocean blue demonstrator  limited edition ( numbered) but doesn’t have box or paper ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• Bo Bo Olson

• sunsmidhi

• mulrich

There was enough people that didn't answer...Either go look on Ebay, or go to Fountain Pen geeks, they allow pen sales so would know.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Of course there’s value. I don’t know if this specific pelikan had unique box or materials, some of my pelikans do but others don’t. Either way not having will affect the price some (more so if materials are unique for this LE). But the pen will still have value. Most M800 in good condition will go for at least $350. If this is a rare model in great condition it will go for more. I think $1000 is roughly what some rare LEs have recently gone for but again, hard to say about your specific pen. Probably plan for $400 and adjust accordingly. 

I do have the special LE container that mine came but no outside box. I'd value it to sell at around $850, without the special container probably $700. Please note, mine was a grail pen for me and is not for sale. I first saw it at a pen club meeting and pretended to snatch it and run away, man that old man was fast cutting me off at the door!  15 years later he decided to pare his collection down and finally let go of the pen so it finally came to me. Maybe in 15 more years when I'm really old I may pass it on to a younger collector.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

The Blue Ocean is a beautiful pen, IMO. I have two, one of which is un-numbered and, while clearly genuine, is of unknown provenance.  It is also of historical interest, being the first Limited Edition M800 ever issued by Pelikan in 1993. I can't speak to the market value.

David

It's a valuable pen and a limited edition I personally would love to add to my collection at some point. Just FYI: I know at least a few unnumbered Blue Oceans were assembled out of surplus factory parts and sold as such. Still a desirable pen, but not as valuable as a numbered Limited Edition version, especially one with the original box and papers. (I think Regina Martini in Germany sold a few at some point, but my memory may be failing me here.)

1 hour ago, DilettanteG said:

It's a valuable pen and a limited edition I personally would love to add to my collection at some point. Just FYI: I know at least a few unnumbered Blue Oceans were assembled out of surplus factory parts and sold as such. Still a desirable pen, but not as valuable as a numbered Limited Edition version, especially one with the original box and papers. (I think Regina Martini in Germany sold a few at some point, but my memory may be failing me here.)

Interesting. I got mine a long time ago from Rick Propas, and he didn't know there were others like it. He speculated that it was assembled from excess parts. The numbered one I have is without box or papers. I have never inked the numbered one, but the un-numbered one has a custom-ground CI nib and is a terrific writer. In fact, it is currently inked.

David