Advice, please

Hi all,

I have a cute Kaweco DIY Sport <F nib>, loaded with Kölsche Tinte. That is a good combination. I like how the nib behaves, and it always starts when I want it to.

But: the section feels a bit too small (narrow) for my hand, and the pen, even capped, a bit too short. Wanting to keep the nib properties, is there a pen that would have a somewhat larger section, be a bit longer and perhaps a bit heavier? I am not sure, but I believe that all Kawecos have these smallish sections? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sincerely,

Claes in Lund, Sweden

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Claes

• Mercian

• sandy101

• Doc Dan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1/ Try adjusting your grip. You do not need to hold the pen tightly, so relax your grip a little and the pen might feel better for you.

2/ You could probably use a pencil grip on it - it will widen the grip and you get to use the same pen.

3/ There are other Kaweco models - the supra, special and original which  may have wider grips. 

1 hour ago, Claes said:

Hi all,

I have a cute Kaweco DIY Sport <F nib>, loaded with Kölsche Tinte. That is a good combination. I like how the nib behaves, and it always starts when I want it to.

But: the section feels a bit too small (narrow) for my hand, and the pen, even capped, a bit too short. Wanting to keep the nib properties, is there a pen that would have a somewhat larger section, be a bit longer and perhaps a bit heavier? I am not sure, but I believe that all Kawecos have these smallish sections? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sincerely,

Claes in Lund, Sweden

Could you try the Kaweco Supra?

It isn’t the cheapest pen available, being only only available in metal versions, but if you like Kaweco pens it could be just what you are looking for.
It is basically a ‘girthier’ version of the Lilliput, with a larger nib, and it includes a tubular component that one can screw in to the pen in order to make it longer (e.g if one wishes to use longer ‘international’ cartridges, or converters).

Its dimensions (including grip-section diameter) can be found here.

The Supra is available in brass, stainless steel, ‘Fireblue’ heat-treated steel, or anodised-aluminium in a black finish.

Linky!

Slàinte,

M.

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

Thank you @sandy101 and @Mercian.

I will have a closer look at the specs.

Naturally, I villhöver yet another pen :-)))))

[Explanation for forumers that are not familiar with the non-existent Swedish word villhöver: it is an amalgamate of vill (=want) and (be)höver (=need). You use it when you really want something, but honestly cannot say that you need it.]

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

5 hours ago, Claes said:

Thank you @sandy101 and @Mercian.

I will have a closer look at the specs.

Naturally, I villhöver yet another pen :-)))))

[Explanation for forumers that are not familiar with the non-existent Swedish word villhöver: it is an amalgamate of vill (=want) and (be)höver (=need). You use it when you really want something, but honestly cannot say that you need it.]

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Thanks for the new "word". I now have something to express my issues with razors and fountain pens.