Summit New Bond Easy Flow No 555 FP?

Found one of these. Is there any info on it?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wil D

• northlodge

• andyr7

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, andyr7 said:

Link to New Bond 333 & 444 below, apparently made for Woolworths. Scroll down to the relevant section on the page.

http://summit.wesonline.org.uk/section12.html

I had seen that. But there is no info on the 555. Apart from that it exist. I was wondering when it was made a.s.o.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you put a picture up please. 

The 444 would have dated to the very late 1940's. My recollection of the 555 is sketchy, but it may have been earlier. I will compare it to the S models.

44 minutes ago, northlodge said:

Can you put a picture up please. 

The 444 would have dated to the very late 1940's. My recollection of the 555 is sketchy, but it may have been earlier. I will compare it to the S models.

This the one:

Summit NBEF 555.jpg

Summit 2.jpg

Hi Wil. Critical here is the pocket clip and the nib.  When Summit was being wound up in the early 1950's  a large number of "pick and mix" pens were sold off in the pound shops of the time. These were put together from whatever was laying about in the factory / stock room. Many are now recognisable by the obliterated "summit" clip coupled with the cheap Osmiroid 35 nib.

It is not unreasonable to think that some of that stock was also used to produce a NBEF 555, so a mid 1940's body used and branded NBEF, before being sold in a mid-1950's Woolworth store.  (The 444 is a pen of somewhat better quality, and are worth seeking out).  Assuming the clip is original to the pen, then I think it unlikely that this would have been sold anytime before 1952.

cheers

Paul

1 hour ago, northlodge said:

Hi Wil. Critical here is the pocket clip and the nib.  When Summit was being wound up in the early 1950's  a large number of "pick and mix" pens were sold off in the pound shops of the time. These were put together from whatever was laying about in the factory / stock room. Many are now recognisable by the obliterated "summit" clip coupled with the cheap Osmiroid 35 nib.

It is not unreasonable to think that some of that stock was also used to produce a NBEF 555, so a mid 1940's body used and branded NBEF, before being sold in a mid-1950's Woolworth store.  (The 444 is a pen of somewhat better quality, and are worth seeking out).  Assuming the clip is original to the pen, then I think it unlikely that this would have been sold anytime before 1952.

cheers

Paul

Thanks! Mine is a very good writer, but it does not have the original nib.