Indy Pen Dance still in business?

1930artdeco

Hello,

I placed an order with "Indy Pen Dance" about a month ago and have not heard anything back. They received my order but even when I reached out to them I never heard anything back. 

Thanks,

Mike

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• empirelvr

• 1930artdeco

• Seney724

4 hours ago, 1930artdeco said:

Hello,

I placed an order with "Indy Pen Dance" about a month ago and have not heard anything back. They received my order but even when I reached out to them I never heard anything back. 

Thanks,

Mike

As I recall, over the past year or so others have posted similar inquiries both here and on FPG.

I cannot recall who the OP was in any of the cases but perhaps one of them will reach out to you.  So, keep an eye on your PM box over the next few days.

Well, they were at the Baltimore-Washington show in March -- I had several pens worked on there.  

Beyond that, sorry, can't help you.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

They posted this on facebook:  "June 1 has brought us a medical emergency, and we might be offline for a few days. Please be patient, and do not deluge us with emails asking what's happening or when your pen will be ready. We will be back as soon as things settle down."

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Oh dear!  I met Mike and Linda at St. Louis last year and he was recovering from something nasty then.  Best wishes for a speedy return.  Too many of us are getting on in years, I fear this sort of event will get more and more frequent.

• 3 months later...

Does anybody have any recent insight to what's going on?  On August 17th I placed an order with them not knowing about their June 1 Facebook post. I only found out after doing a Google search pointing me towards that post and this thread after writing them about a week and a half later when I hadn't heard anything regarding movement of my (admittedly inconsequential) order and receiving no reply.

I don't really care about the order as much as I do about what this silence might mean overall.  I've ordered from them before and had wonderful service. I hope all is alright with Mike and Linda.

They were at the Baltimore/Washington show in the spring and everything seemed okay with them then.  And they're listed on the vendors list for OPS 2024 (I just checked the OPS website).  But thanks for posting this.  I also hope they're okay.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 3 weeks later...

I sent some items to them in November 2023, emails in March 2024 and May 2024 went unanswered, and I saw their facebook notice from June.

On the one hand, I totally get that these are real people, mom and pop shop doing it for the love of the craft and they don't have assistants or an inventory system. On the other hand, nearly a year with no response isn't very confidence-inspiring. At this point, I'm almost resolved to write off my pen.

It's really a shame that no one connected with them can pop on Facebook or their website and give everyone a quick heads up.  They don't have to give specifics.  Just let us know in general terms all is okay (or not.)