WTB Esterbrook

Auggie

Hello,

I'm looking to buy my first Esterbrook.

Don't know enough about them yet to be too fussy. Just has to be working perfectly. Nibs I can find later so not an issue. I kind of like the copper and green coloured models. Any help directing me to one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• gweimer1

• Kloz

• Auggie

Top Posters In This Topic

Midnight Pens on Etsy

or he will just show up here. 

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

19 hours ago, FarmBoy said:

Midnight Pens on Etsy

or he will just show up here. 

You rang?   

spacer.png

23 hours ago, Auggie said:

Hello,

I'm looking to buy my first Esterbrook.

Don't know enough about them yet to be too fussy. Just has to be working perfectly. Nibs I can find later so not an issue. I kind of like the copper and green coloured models. Any help directing me to one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi.   I have Esterbrook J pens in either Copper or Green.   Just let me know what you would like, including a nib.   I have a bunch.   I have a lot of pens not listed in my shop, and I can get something up there just for you.

Midnight Pens

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still rather new to fountain pens.  I've been using exclusively for 2 years.  I fell in love with an Esterbrook 444 dip-less.  I was wondering if Esterbrook ever had a Flagship pen and what that might be?

J

Some would argue it need to be engraved BELL SYSTEMS PROPERTY but I'll stop at just the Model J.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Thats kind of what I assumed.  So, the hunt is on! And because I'm going to use it as a daily driver, I'd prefer not to have somebody else's name on MY PEN!  But red or blue that's the decision. 

3 hours ago, Kloz said:

That's kind of what I assumed.  So, the hunt is on! And because I'm going to use it as a daily driver, I'd prefer not to have somebody else's name on MY PEN!  But red or blue that's the decision. 

PM me.   I have both....and let me know what nib you'd like.   I have a lot.

I remember a discussion of names on pens…

Property of

Dick Assman

is still the best. 

Reminds me of the great novel "Yellow River" by I.P. Freely. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

On 6/4/2024 at 9:48 PM, FarmBoy said:

I remember a discussion of names on pens…

Property of

Dick Assman

is still the best. 

While not as iconic, the favorite in my collection in an M2 that just says, "Old Man Carroll" on it. I also have another engraved, for some reason, for a "Kiwanis Pancake Supper"

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

On 6/4/2024 at 1:47 PM, FarmBoy said:

J

Some would argue it need to be engraved BELL SYSTEMS PROPERTY but I'll stop at just the Model J.

This is funny because it is almost true. I do have one that someone ruined by grinding the imprint off.