Kaweco Sport Piston

Fluegelfeder

Excellent review and beautiful photography!

The president of Kaweco was interviewed by Joost Appelboom recently. He indicated that the piston filling Sport will be released in other materials (presumably plastic) and other colors. 

I feel impending irresistible temptation.

David

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluegelfeder

• RJS

• Doc Dan

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the review, I was very curious about this pen.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

On 3/29/2024 at 7:33 PM, dms525 said:

He indicated that the piston filling Sport will be released in other materials (presumably plastic) and other colors.

Chased black plast-eek please.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Thanks so much for this wonderfully in-depth review! I'm trying to hold out for some amazing colors—I love my vibrant violet with the 14kt BB, and my little witch, and about 7 other Kawecos including the sport ebonite, but I'm so intrigued... the only black & gold pens I have are my MB 149 & the Agatha (well the ruby-eyed snake perks it up nicely), but I seem to be in a Kaweco frenzy.

These pens have been selling like hotcakes. My local B&M got in an initial order and they blew out the door immediately. Then, they ordered more and as of yesterday only had a couple of those left. It will be interesting to see if the pen continues to do well. 

I am curious about how the pen actually writes. Someone said it is smoother and a little wetter than a standard Kaweco Sport. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks for your positive feedback! 

@Doc Dan: My pen is definitely wetter. And it likes shimmering inks far better than my other Kaweco which perform on the rather dry side. Smoother probably because of the wetter line. The tip itself doesn't seem to be smoother to me. 

Here are some more pictures :)

IMG_8890.jpeg

Thanks for the detailed review and the lovely pictures. I pulled up Cult's site, they had it in stock so I placed an order.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Bought it as soon as I saw it on Cult Pens website. I already have a vintage piston Sport and was kind of hoping for a new version. I love it. It writes very well and soft too. I also bought another vintage piston 😊👍🏻

Thank you for the wonderful review and photos. Money well spent😊

Very tempting, but probably too expensive for me - if I were spending that much on a pen there are others I would go for first. Also sad that it comes with  - yes of course... manufacturers don't seem to think anything else is possible - a bottle of blue ink. Were I to buy the pen, I would probably stick the bottle of ink in a cupboard where it would sit unopened until one day I'd throw it out. But at least it comes with ink - most pens don't. 

You can choose to buy the version without ink.

I got the one with ink, as I found that slim (but not too small) bottle quite practical.

And I like Kaweco's royal blue.

The Kaweco Sports series has some nice colours, I hope the Sport Piston will be made in some of them.

3 hours ago, jchch1950 said:

The Kaweco Sports series has some nice colours, I hope the Sport Piston will be made in some of them.

I agree.  Kaweco will sell a lot of them in all those colors.

Mine arrived yesterday. It's beautiful and the matte aluminum finish feels very nice. Now to decide on an ink.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I've started saving for the Ebonite version.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

I have been on a vintage kick lately, but i think this will be my first new pen purchase this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the great review!

As they are releasing lots of new pens, I hope they finally release a slightly larger Sport in aluminium, which can accommodate an international long cartridge and a decent converter. The Sport converter is possibly the worst converter I've ever encountered, which spoils an otherwise brilliant pen.

If they release the piston filler with the same quality of nib in plastic at a significantly lower price point I’ll get one, or maybe three!

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” 

-Groucho Marx