Hello from Bay Area

poeticquantum

Preamble: As a long time lurker (for over 15 years!), I have benefited from the deep well of knowledge here on all things fountain pens. So I want to say "Thank you, FPN!". I will also admit that my pen habit has been worsened by my visits here in the past 5 years. But as I tell my spouse, there are way worse "addictions" than collecting fountain pens and inks.

About me: I grew up in India, towards the end of a cold war (and the decline and fall of an empire), and used fountain pens throughout my middle and high school days - mainly Heros and Camlins. During this time, I also got in serious trouble for "borrowing" my dad's more expensive US made Parker Classic GT fountain pen and losing the finial at the end of its barrel. Pen trauma is real!

I had stopped using fountain pens for over two decades after high school, but have gotten back to collecting and using them, especially seriously, since we moved to the Bay Area in 2016, when my collection exploded from 20-ish pens to an out of control 100+ pens! Where is the fountain pen version of AAA group?!

Pens and ink I am writing with this week:

• Wing Sung/ Junlai 630 14K fine nib inked with Montreverde Ocean Noir
  • Platinum President 14K fine nib inked with Diamine Amaranth 
  • Hongdian N7 Grey Rabbit steel "long knife" nib with Diamine Earl Grey

17113999245399198388135305230806.thumb.jpg.d869c5c643c62049d4ec8aa0df5d165f.jpg

Other than pens and ink, I also enjoy:

• Reading across genres 
  • Writing (poetry mainly)
  • Hiking
  • Checking out live music and art

How I hope I will be able to give back to the community here:

• Sharing experiences via pen reviews
  • Enabling other pen aficionados by flagging deals in the market place watch (and not purchasing any more pens in the process!)
  • Attending IRL meetings even - have been meaning to attend a SF Pen Posse meet for a while now

Thank you for reading. 🙏

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• OCArt

• Mark from Yorkshire

• poeticquantum

Good evening and welcome from the UK, 🇬🇧. A warm Yorkshire welcome

Mark from the Latin Marcus follower of mars, the god of war.

Yorkshire Born, Yorkshire Bred. 

my current favourite author is Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

largebronze-letter-exc.pngflying-letter-exc.png

large.FPNWelcome.png.691f2612d13f7c0621a0c62585df6f4c.jpeg.7e0fe3775c89382d61556cc6d318eb24.jpeg

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello and welcome as an official member of the FPN! Glad to have you here!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

An AAA group for pen (or ink or paper or .... ) addicts. I think you came to the right place. :)  I also was a lurker for years.

You are lucky to live in the Bay Area with so many pen clubs and fans and even the amazing show. Enjoy it all!

I also enjoyed some Chinese pens. Did you try PenBBS (check the Etsy store). Inkquiring Minds (YouTube has some great introductions to the company and other pen reviews)

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome! I'm from the Bay Area too! Perhaps we'll meet at one of Pen Posse gatherings. I'm new myself and looking forward to attending one!