• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USG

• Penguincollector

• Bo Bo Olson

• Mercian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really want those glitter potions. That’s so pretty!

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

2 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

I really want those glitter potions. That’s so pretty!

+1 👍😀

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

For the last week of March 2024 I will use two of the four Monthly inks and fountain pens. Here is a writing sample on Kyome notepad A5 70gsm:

large.20240324TrioPPI.jpeg.4ef7c5c4f585270f6445080a1b914388.jpeg

(corrigendum: Virginia Woolf has two "o" in her name, sorry! 😢)

I love this paper a lot. Even the wettest inks stay in sharp lines and pale inks, such as the P.Edelstein Rose Quartz, do shade well.

One life!

7 hours ago, InesF said:

For the last week of March 2024 I will use two of the four Monthly inks and fountain pens. Here is a writing sample on Kyome notepad A5 70gsm:

I love this paper a lot. Even the wettest inks stay in sharp lines and pale inks, such as the P.Edelstein Rose Quartz, do shade well.

Well, I would have misspelled her name by also adding an 'E'.  

I could not google search Kyome notebooks?  is this Kokuyo ME notebook (what shows up?)

I'm curious about the paper and how it does w/ sheening inks.  I'm moving away from notebooks and using more looseleaf paper.

8 hours ago, InesF said:

Your penmanship is so lovely, the decorated letters at the beginning of each paragraph are so beautiful! Thank you for gracing my thread with this post. Your turquoise M600 also turned my head. 

I was also surprised by the Rose Quartz. Right now it’s in a Twist, but I want to try it out with a nicer nib next time around. I normally avoid pink like the plague, but at least ink wise and art wise I am starting to incorporate it into my works. 

I really want to try this paper. Do you have any more information about it, or does it have a cover you can photograph so I could try and find it? 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

InisF, thanks for the picture, That Pelikan pink is darker than the W.Germany Pelikan Pink. It would almost tempt me to buy it.

Ah HA, got to do a long term Pelikan gray test....W.Germany gray and Sliver gray (still have one cartridge each), vs Moonstone. Moonstone is the darker of the three.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

1 hour ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

InisF, thanks for the picture, That Pelikan pink is darker than the W.Germany Pelikan Pink. It would almost tempt me to buy it.

Don't, I can send you some. Along with a cartridge of Lamy green 😇

LOL...don't and I'm sure had an adventure with Lamy Green, and joined our passed Sandy1, in not recommending it.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

1 hour ago, Lithium466 said:

Don't, I can send you some. Along with a cartridge of Lamy green 😇

11 minutes ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

LOL...don't and I'm sure had an adventure with Lamy Green, and joined our passed Sandy1, in not recommending it.

In my opinion, everyone should do themselves a favour, and read Sandy1’s review of Lamy Green:

The ways in which she expressed her dislike of that ink’s colour are indicative of the sense of humour for which she is much-missed, but it was the huge amount of work that she put in to her ink reviews, and her constant willingness to help out newbies (such as me) for which she is missed the most.

We shall never see her like again.

Slàinte,
M.

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

54 minutes ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

😂

36 minutes ago, Mercian said:

In my opinion, everyone should do themselves a favour, and read Sandy1’s review of Lamy Green:

It's true it looks particularly ugly in that review. Fortunately, like Lamy black, Lamy green improved (slightly) within the last ~15 years.

I am still trying to find a green that would be close to "process green" like she put. Everything I tried leaned too much one way or the other.

As to not derail the topic too much, I want to say that Lamy green from a recent batch looks like a very decent -if boring- green when paired with a wet combo Lamy Logo / Lamy Z55 EF, and some Iroful paper :)

14 minutes ago, Lithium466 said:

I am still trying to find a green that would be close to "process green" like she put. Everything I tried leaned too much one way or the other.

<THREAD HIJACK!😱

I’m afraid that I wouldn’t recognise a ‘pure’ or echt or ‘process green’ if I fell into a puddle of it 😁
IIRC humans can perceive more shades of green than we can of any other hue.

That said, have you looked through all the inks that Diamine make?

https://www.diamineinks.co.uk/listings.aspx?catid=95

That link is to their range of 50ml red, blue, and green ‘Inkvent’ inks.

There are more shades of green available from them in their ‘normal’ ‘Fountain Pen inks’ range. Those are available in 30ml bottles, and in 80ml bottles (clicky!).

Have you ever seen Platinum Green?
I am told that the green ink in their ‘mixables’ range is the same stuff.

I would imagine that, as it is ‘the’ green that is featured in Platiunm’s ‘mixables’ range, it is a colour that could be a candidate for ‘process green’.

</THREAD HIJACK>

large.Mercia45x27IMG_2024-09-18-104147.PNG.4f96e7299640f06f63e43a2096e76b6e.PNG  Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.  spacer.png

2 hours ago, Mercian said:

We shall never see her like again.

A world treasure.:notworthy1: No, BS.

I like livley green inks like the discontinued 4001 Brilliant Green, MB Irish Green which is a neck better than Brilliant Green, and the MB is a nose behind R&K Verdura.

And so many people complained about the lively shading Brilliant Green, because they wanted a dark green***....Pelikan listened to them and made a dull, non-shading rainy day Sherwood green.

I gave that bottle away after emptying, my first load of that ink in a piston pen, back in the bottle.

*** don't know why they didn't buy various Diamine or Noodler dull green inks....instead of keeping a constant decade long b*tching.

Oh, well some folks like lively green inks, others dull.

TG for Verdura, still affordable 50ml for €10.

A small improvement in Lamy Green....is still very small.

DA Golf, is a green that shades, that is lighter than Lamy Green, but I like Golf more....somehow it stays 10th in my list of inks to use next.Year after year.Sigh....

8 hours ago, dftr said:

I could not google search Kyome notebooks?  is this Kokuyo ME notebook

8 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

I really want to try this paper. Do you have any more information about it, or does it have a cover you can photograph so I could try and find it? 

I couldn't find it either...  🙁👎

Thank you @dftr, @Penguincollector and @Bo Bo Olson, you are welcome!

Kyome letter pad is available in A5 and A4 size with 5mm square grid, 10mm lines or blanc. I can buy it in walking distance at my local food supermarket (Eurospar) but it is also online available (at mpreis.at for A4 and A5). Meeeh, they do not deliver outside Austria.

Even more strange: when I google it, I get a result from amazone.de leading to a page where the paper is not available :( . The address www.kyome.eu is printed on the notepad but leads to a strange side called umixx.eu which lists Kyome office tools but no paper.

Puh! Ok. I didn't expect that. Well, if you are in Europe and have a food supermarket (e.g. Eurospar) nearby, have a look next time you go shopping.

About a year ago, the 80gsm loose leaf multi-function paper was of even better quality than the 70gsm. Meanwhile the 70gsm is the better of the two.

I'm sorry if I caused some confusion. 🙏

One life!

5 hours ago, InesF said:

I'm sorry if I caused some confusion. 🙏

No need to apologize, you wrote down exactly what paper it was. I think sometimes search engines just try to do too much and make things confusing. It sounds like a very good local/regional find. 

Today's Trio: 

3 Turquoise inks that look similar but have different characteristics. 

Paper is Cosmo Snow

The nibs on all 3 pens are #8 Jinhaos

• Sailor Manyo Sumire :  Glows
  • Robert Oster Blue Water Ice:  Outlines
  • Private Reserve Naples:  Sheens

CLICK ALL PICS TO ENLARGE AND SEE FEATURES

IMG_5631800.jpg.c92a40dafde98c7d2d7ea04ee2cdf17e.jpg

The Sailor ink is particularly interesting because it shades and has a reddish-purple glow that sorta looks like glitter but isn't.  Sailor Konagi also demonstrates this glowing feature.

IMG_5640800.jpg.d4485fb6e23d0d3cfcbe2c2c95b602f4.jpg

The Robert Oster ink also shades but is an Outline ink. (cellphone camera didn't do the greatest job)

IMG_5635800.jpg.d6e68123aa6edbd7f4f2510a120246a5.jpg

The Private Reserve ink is a shader and a sheener.

IMG_5637800.jpg.f5e4a351eb0b2250a111e35458f42a19.jpg