• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USG

• Penguincollector

• Bo Bo Olson

• Mercian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, Sailor Manyo Nadeshiko looks like Quink Washable Blue next to the other three inks, @USG.

Top 5 of 21 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

2 minutes ago, Penguincollector said:

Wow, Sailor Manyo Nadeshiko looks like Quink Washable Blue next to the other three inks, @USG.

Haha, it sorta does.... but with a lot more shading... 😀

LINK <-- my Ink and Paper tests

Hmm, I wonder if my Duofold would like it.  She rejected so many other inks that I stopped trying. 

9 minutes ago, USG said:

Haha, it sorta does.... but with a lot more shading... 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Here’s today’s writing sample: Maruman paper, Speedball 1.1mm italic, Speedball black cartridge. I forgot to include the pen in the picture, but it’s rather generic. The ink window kinda hurts the webbing between my fingers.

large.IMG_0931.jpeg.53a1751025eb70bb22ca71b30e5c8e2c.jpeg

7 hours ago, USG said:

4 Sapphire Inks

4 Pens

1 Paper

CLICK TO ENLARGE

IMG_580780080.jpg.5d7113b59b2010a608104fbce874cd1f.jpg

IMG_5808800.jpg.36c4f32b4105d2b5eb6c5d172b2be8dc.jpg

IMG_5810800.jpg.a0e7af052a1fd5611f300d75a13ae4ac.jpg

IMG_5809800.jpg.8170986ee66fbf1407c302a39edc5db1.jpg

IMG_5811800.jpg.704b0e1982dd89df3ea3a434d2fdb47a.jpg

Very nice! Which one do you prefer in term of "feel"?

You managed to make Ajisai much darker than I ever did, even after letting some evaporate in a jar before filling.

20 hours ago, Lithium466 said:

Very nice! Which one do you prefer in term of "feel"?

You managed to make Ajisai much darker than I ever did, even after letting some evaporate in a jar before filling.

I noticed  that too LTM. 👍😀 The Ajisai looked darker then how I remembered it but that's what came out of the pen. 😀

I'll do a comparison of the Furore Ajisai with Ajisai out of the bottle with a dip pen. 

I'm finding my broad kaweco sport loaded with a cartridge of their blue black ink is working well on my moleskine notebooks.

A little ghosting, but nothing agregeous. A nice combo for sketching notes on the hoof.

9 minutes ago, sandy101 said:

I'm finding my broad kaweco sport loaded with a cartridge of their blue black ink is working well on my moleskine notebooks.

WoW...I'd expected EEF....that must be a great dry BB.

I remember when I dug out my P-75 out of my wife's jewelry jail...and was going to run out and get Moleskine paper ( a well known paper in the the ball point circles I traveled in back in the day)...until I read about it here.

Hemingway never wrote on the modern paper of that name. It had died and only the name was resurrected.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

On 5/2/2024 at 6:55 PM, Penguincollector said:

I have heard of shimmer not adhering to the paper before with just regular shimmer inks, some people use fixative spray or hairspray to keep it on the page, but that’s usually for something that is going on display. 

Good to know.  

Of course when I lived in Massachusetts, I worked for a while at a picture framing shop where the crazy b*tch I worked for couldn't BELIEVE that I'd never used hairspray as a fixative (of course that was because I never had to USE hairspray...).  Of course, she was the person that my husband's co-worker's girlfriend, who was psychologist, said to me, when I was describing my boss to her "Oh, no -- your boss ISN'T psychotic!  But it DOES sound as if she has Narcissistic Personality Disorder!" and pull one of her reference books off the shelf and leafed to the correct page.  And when I started reading the description of NPD, I was going, "Yup, uh huh, yeah she does that...."  And then said, "This is SCARY!  Her picture could be on this page as the POSTER CHILD for this!"  And knew I had to get out of that job....  So picked a fight with her and quit on the spot, a week or so later, and after she'd had a screaming fit about how my co-worker had screwed up an order when the customer brought some more stuff in to get framed.  AFTER telling Julie (who'd been called up for jury duty) on the phone, "Oh if you get picked, tell the judge 'a little story' because I need you here in the shop!" (and I'm going "DON'T her that!  That's PERJURY!").  So the next morning, when she went to the bank, I said to Julie (who hadn't been picked for the jury), "What did she say to you about that big framing job?"  And Julie said, "I didn't cut the molding!  SHE did!"  

And at that point, I just knew I had to get out of there -- even without a job to go to.... :wacko:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

WoW...I'd expected EEF....that must be a great dry BB.

I remember when I dug out my P-75 out of my wife's jewelry jail...and was going to run out and get Moleskine paper ( a well known paper in the the ball point circles I traveled in back in the day)...until I read about it here.

Hemingway never wrote on the modern paper of that name. It had died and only the name was resurrected.

I've been using Moleskine since the brand restarted - I still have a stock from the 1st batch and have bought new (cheaper) ones from TK Maxx.

The paper works fine with Parker Quick, Platinum cartridge ink and some Diamine inks too.

Wet pens and wetter inks don't work so well, but it's good enough for drafting and sketching ideas. 

Good, all I read was garlic draped silver cross topped, wooden stake reports.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

4 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

Good to know.  

Of course when I lived in Massachusetts, I worked for a while at a picture framing shop where the crazy b*tch I worked for couldn't BELIEVE that I'd never used hairspray as a fixative (of course that was because I never had to USE hairspray...).  Of course, she was the person that my husband's co-worker's girlfriend, who was psychologist, said to me, when I was describing my boss to her "Oh, no -- your boss ISN'T psychotic!  But it DOES sound as if she has Narcissistic Personality Disorder!" and pull one of her reference books off the shelf and leafed to the correct page.  And when I started reading the description of NPD, I was going, "Yup, uh huh, yeah she does that...."  And then said, "This is SCARY!  Her picture could be on this page as the POSTER CHILD for this!"  And knew I had to get out of that job....  So picked a fight with her and quit on the spot, a week or so later, and after she'd had a screaming fit about how my co-worker had screwed up an order when the customer brought some more stuff in to get framed.  AFTER telling Julie (who'd been called up for jury duty) on the phone, "Oh if you get picked, tell the judge 'a little story' because I need you here in the shop!" (and I'm going "DON'T her that!  That's PERJURY!").  So the next morning, when she went to the bank, I said to Julie (who hadn't been picked for the jury), "What did she say to you about that big framing job?"  And Julie said, "I didn't cut the molding!  SHE did!"  

And at that point, I just knew I had to get out of there -- even without a job to go to.... :wacko:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Great story ISR 👍😀

1 hour ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

Good, all I read was garlic draped silver cross topped, wooden stake reports.

That's what I read too....  😀👍

Two Pens that I most often Do Not Use:

• Parker 45 (M)  Parker Penman Mocha Re-hydrated
  • Pelikan M800 (F)  Edelstein Sapphire

Cosmo Snow paper

CLICK TO ENLARGE

IMG_5823800.jpg.84995766be8873b360c3502b8d296ab8.jpg

IMG_5826800.thumb.jpg.08b7636be759f6f072eba09ce2f6fc54.jpg

IMG_5818800.jpg.f88737a2853cbbc2d53fe5f4495c6b7e.jpg

IMG_5820800.thumb.jpg.b873763694add0f769117138729e0ef7.jpg

Interesting sheen on those, @USG.

Today’s writing sample with my EF Yiren dinosaur pen, Herbin Lierre Sauvage, and Staples Made in Mexico filler paper:large.IMG_0936.jpeg.50de69816dd472b067007e9cc753302f.jpeg

@Penguincollector I’m glad I was able to help unlock your choice paralysis with the purple choice. My pen of the day has a Kaweco pearl black ink cartridge in it. Not exciting, but oh well. 

Posted Image

3 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

Today’s writing sample with my EF Yiren dinosaur pen, Herbin Lierre Sauvage, and Staples Made in Mexico filler paper:large.IMG_0936.jpeg.50de69816dd472b067007e9cc753302f.jpeg

Ohhh pretty. I think I'll need to buy that pen, because you know, dinosaurs!

Lierre sauvage looks very pretty there. I'm entering a green period and I think the next green will be Private Reserve Spearmint...I heard it's dry though.

5 hours ago, USG said:

Two Pens that I most often Do Not Use:

• Parker 45 (M)  Parker Penman Mocha Re-hydrated
  • Pelikan M800 (F)  Edelstein Sapphire

Cosmo Snow paper

CLICK TO ENLARGE

IMG_5823800.jpg.84995766be8873b360c3502b8d296ab8.jpg

IMG_5826800.thumb.jpg.08b7636be759f6f072eba09ce2f6fc54.jpg

IMG_5818800.jpg.f88737a2853cbbc2d53fe5f4495c6b7e.jpg

IMG_5820800.thumb.jpg.b873763694add0f769117138729e0ef7.jpg

Sheen from Edelstein Sapphire! This might prompt a revisit.

5 hours ago, Lithium466 said:

Ohhh pretty. I think I'll need to buy that pen, because you know, dinosaurs!

Lierre sauvage looks very pretty there. I'm entering a green period and I think the next green will be Private Reserve Spearmint...I heard it's dry though.

Sheen from Edelstein Sapphire! This might prompt a revisit.

A dry Private Reserve ink? Color me surprised, every one of their inks that I have used has been really wet. Do you have a Pelikan? If you do, I would try it in that first. Thank you for the sample, by the way. It is very pretty.

The pen came in a really cute set; I can’t seem to link directly to the listing, but it should show up on the left side of this link- it’s a 6 pen set, but it’s also sold separately. 
Yiren EF School Pen set

7 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

A dry Private Reserve ink? Color me surprised, every one of their inks that I have used has been really wet. Do you have a Pelikan? If you do, I would try it in that first. Thank you for the sample, by the way. It is very pretty.

The pen came in a really cute set; I can’t seem to link directly to the listing, but it should show up on the left side of this link- it’s a 6 pen set, but it’s also sold separately. 
Yiren EF School Pen set

+1 PGC,  in my experience PR inks tend to be wet... remember the original Tanzanite?  It feathered so badly I couldn't use it...

And Kudos to LTM, I have all the original PR inks including the infamous Candy Apple Red, but Tanzanite is missing. Was it moldy and I threw it out, or is it  just misplaced?  (Speaking of Moldy ink, I have 3 bottles of vintage Pelikan Black that became moldy.)

THE DIFFERENCES IN THE DEGREE OF SHEEN/SHIMMER ON 3 TYPES OF PAPER

• One ink:  Diamine Winter Spice.  Dark brown ink, green sheen, supposed to have blue shimmer but my sample doesn't show it
  • One Pen:  Jinhao X159 (M)
  • 3  Types of Paper:  Cosmo Snow, Iroful, Tomoe River S

CLICK TO ENLARGE

IMG_5836800.jpg.3c17be59477fbc70be00228b74c108e2.jpg

IMG_5841800.jpg.cb294ef6bbde82a51112a6f36a24c281.jpg

attachment.php?id=558108&key=8dd8bee76aff3a7fcf2acf903793d7d4