Please help me identify this cross fountin pen

Warbler

Here is my Cross Solo with converter. It's a "push in" to fit and a "twist to fill".

20240206_233007.thumb.jpg.c7a8caa8b3a06b254581d4b6386cc711.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Warbler

• inkstainedruth

• Penguincollector

• Mangrove Jack

15 hours ago, Penguincollector said:

It should. I use both older and newer converters in all my Cross pens, as long as it takes the push in converter and not the screw type. I believe the Radiance/Solo had the green push in. 

Okay, I guess I'll just getting a cross converter and see what happens.   Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, Mangrove Jack said:

Here is my Cross Solo with converter. It's a "push in" to fit and a "twist to fill".

20240206_233007.thumb.jpg.c7a8caa8b3a06b254581d4b6386cc711.jpg

now that I see that pic, I think mine came with that converter.  Unfortunately I think I misplaced the box the pen came in, and I think the converter is in that box.   :( 

Pen Savings has them for $6.95, their free shipping kicks in at $39. They have a lot of nice inks.

Top 5 of 24 currently inked pens:

MontBlanc 144 IB, Herbin Orange Indien/ Wearingeul Frost

Salz Peter Pan 18k gold filled filligree fine flex/ Waterman Serenity Blue 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

Pilot Silvern Dragon IB, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same

Wahl-Eversharp Skyline F Flex, R&K “Blue-Eyed Mary”

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery 

I don't remember now if my second Solo (the bright blue one) came with a converter or not.  The first one (the red one) was at something I was at where there was a tent set up for the estate sale of a friend of mine who had died suddenly a few months before, and someone told me there was a pen at it.  When they had the reception for me for getting the top service award for the organization we all belonged to, we had hired her to make books for people to write stuff and one for the "waiting list" for people to come talk to me -- I had honestly thought a clipboard would have been just fine but got told "Oh, no!" -- and my husband commissioned her to make a third book just for me as a gift.  And because she and I had talked about fountain pens and inks (she did a lot of calligraphy and illumination as well) we went to her so I could get FP friendly paper (and had people use some of my Parker Vectors on the grounds that they're pretty sturdy little workhorses and people would be unlikely to mash the nibs up too badly).  

Fortunately, the red Solo got put aside so I could go home and do research about which converter to get (knowing almost NOTHING about Cross pens at the time, other than the name), because apparently before I got back to the thing the next day, someone had come along and bought everything else in the tent!  (Had I known, I might have had the people running the sale put a couple of other mementos beside).

@Penguincollector -- I had not heard of Pen Savings before, so looked them up just now.   Thanks!  And well, maybe not.... :headsmack:  I'll have to add them to the spreadsheet I started as to what vendor has what pens and inks in stock, and what their prices are like compared to all the other "usual suspects".  (My wallet!  My poor, poor wallet!:gaah:)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

@inkstainedruth you’re welcome and my condolences to your wallet. I got a great deal on their purple international standard cartridges last year. 

Brute Force Designs resin pen FNF ultraflex, Herbin Lie de Thé/Wearingeul Emerald Castle

• 4 months later...

I finally got the modern cross converter and it fits!  Thanks everyone for you help!

Oh good,  @Warbler! I know they were hard to find for a long time. Glad it worked!

• 2 weeks later...

The pen is working and writing nicely.

• 2 weeks later...